Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger SSK V2 break in problems

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Thunder Tiger SSK V2 break in problems

Old 07-16-2011, 12:41 PM
lukeer31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger SSK V2 break in problems

Hi , im new here so ill keep it short and sweet
Basicly i am in the process or breaking in my second hand Thunder Tiger SSK Version 2 and ive hit a few
problems, the reason im breaking it in is because it has had a lining and piston replacement because the guy who
i bought it off had overheated the engine and it had caused it too seize, i did the fix ok but today after the cars 5th tank of fuel
i took it out with my other ssk to get the last part of the break in done, it was working fine unti it randomly cut out, i checked its
temperature which was nice and cool , when i tried to restart it, it put up a fight, didnt want too start and when i finally got it going
it was BUCKETING out smoke at idle, like a flood of blue smoke , it would also not accelerate, becauseit would cut out if i tried, the idle
speed also kept increasing and increasing until it was like it was going to explode, i checked the main jet too make sure it wasnt blocked and i kept leaning it out,
but still loads of blue smoke and refused to run, i did all the basic tuning checks, but im not sure what the problem is, does anyone have any suggestions for me.
Oh well at least for once when i come back from our local park with the cars nothing is broken or smashed

Thanks
Luke
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger SSK V2 break in problems

ORIGINAL: lukeer31
it was working fine unti it randomly cut out,
Several possibilities. Its most likely too rich and the engine got too much fuel and bogged out and quit. Also could be the glow plug.

i checked its temperature which was nice and cool ,
Make sure it stays above 200F

when i tried to restart it, it put up a fight, didnt want too start
Engine was flooded. Take out the glow plug, turn the rc over and cycle the engine a few times to clear it out.

when i finally got it going it was BUCKETING out smoke at idle, like a flood of blue smoke , it would also not accelerate, becauseit would cut out if i tried,
Engine was WAY too rich, lean the HSN out in 1/8 turn increments until you're happy with the performance, but NOTuntil its broken in.

the idlespeed also kept increasing and increasing until it was like it was going to explode,
Turn the idle needle ccw until the idle is better

i checked the main jet too make sure it wasnt blocked and i kept leaning it out,but still loads of blue smoke and refused to run, i did all the basic tuning checks, but im not sure what the problem is, does anyone have any suggestions for me.
Some engines take a lot of leaning out until they run well, but be careful to not lean it out TOO much as that has its own set of issues.