Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

schumacher manic

i'm thinking of getting one for $399. any advice from owners? my nitro skills are adequate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: schumacher manic

They are great; I've got one here in the UK but I've heard that since Schumacher closed their American branch HQ in Florida, parts are more difficult to get hold of.  I don't know how true that is though.  If, however, you've got an LHS that orders or holds spares then I wouldn't worry.  The servo horn for the steering will need upgrading to an alloy one probably; mine came from the factory stripped, and the first (plastic) replacement lasted less than one run.  I don't know why; there is nothing at all wrong with the servo saver and at the time it was being run-in (on-road).  Using an alloy one is fine though.  You'll probably want to upgrade the radio gear to a 2.4 system at some point too; they only come RTR and the factory 27mHz gear isn't anything to write home about.

They are awesome fun though; tough, brilliant handling, powerful.  There are some good vid's on Youtube if you want to see what they are like properly tuned and thrashed...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would really like to buy on of these, from what Schumacher has told me they quit making them because they couldn't make a profit on them. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well once i decided to get it, stormer didn't list it on their site anymore! too bad.... i wouldn't get it to be my main rc, but if you have a bunch, it's ok if you wait for parts if you need to.