Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Problem with t-maxx carb plz help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Problem with t-maxx carb plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:07 PM
packerfan3001
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with t-maxx carb plz help!

well when i hook up the slide car to the throttle servo it almost like binds when it closeing opening is no problem but when it trys to close it like sticks but when i un hook it and push it in the center it closes fine. what should i do!! please help. thanks
Old 08-18-2003, 11:20 PM
tenks

Yeah, those carbs have issues. I just sent mine back to traxxas for the same exact issue. If you try opening/closing it buy pulling on the arm like the servo does you'll notice it binds. From what I have gathered from others this is an ongoing issue and people have rigged up retuirn springs and such directly on that arm.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:27 PM
POJack

I had that issue with mine also. It didn't seem to affect the engine while it was running, but it sure was annoying to know that my carb was sticking like that. I just used some after run oil and manually pushed and pulled the carb for a bit. It lost that hang up after a while.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:33 PM
packerfan3001
My Feedback: (1)

ok thanks guys
Old 08-19-2003, 01:45 AM
Shangri-La

Those carburator housings are very sensative to dirt or any bur in the slide bore. Try a little after run oil in it. If that does not help you will have to replace the carburator housing. Its not an expensive part to replace considering the damage to the truck when the throttle sticks and hits that tree!