Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MAVERICK BLACKOUT: Do i need a new clutch bell?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MAVERICK BLACKOUT: Do i need a new clutch bell?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Matt_2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAVERICK BLACKOUT: Do i need a new clutch bell?

Hi guys i have a problem with my car yesterday all the wheels where locked up, the car started up and was running fine. But when i reved it nothing happened couldn't get the wheels to go around at all. Today i turned the cogs with my hand and it freed up the wheels and they go round but the car doesn't start now. Am i right in saying i need a new clutch bell for my car or is there more.

Here are some videos of the problem.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NixNxlsCls[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhM5-nTRvE[/youtube]

Really could do with some help, don't want to go out and buy something when it might not be the problem, these dam RC cars are alot of money!

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
pwaicon

Default RE: MAVERICK BLACKOUT: Do i need a new clutch bell?

I don't think you need a new clutch bell. When go to start the engine the gears shouldn't turn, the fact that they are turning means your clutch is engaging the clutch bell which leads me to believe you either have a bad clutch or clutch spring. I would take out the engine a inspect your clutch. You might also want to post your issue in the Large Scale section and also check out Redcat Rampge Forum, your Maverick is the same platform as the Rampage and they have a ton of info over there that will help you out.

I also noticed your gear plate is missing the top two bolts that attach it to the engine or did you take those off to work on the truck?
Old 08-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Matt_2011

Default RE: MAVERICK BLACKOUT: Do i need a new clutch bell?

Ok thanks alot, i took the bolts out yes. I will take the engine apart when i have a chance and look around.