Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MT's and bump boxes?

I am kind of wanting to get another MT again but I would like to find one that can use a bump box. I have owned savages, an lst, MGT 8.0, and a couple tmaxx's of course none of these can be started with a bump box. are there any MT's that can? I was thinking of a muggy but then I may as well just go with a truggy. I really like my LST which is why I was thinking about the muggy but it has a center diff and no reverse right? center diffs are nice but I want reverse. I know I'm lazy! any suggestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: MT's and bump boxes?

I have yet to see a monster truck that could be started with a starter box. All the MTs that I've seen have the flywheel tucked up inside the chassis, out of reach of the starter box wheel.
    HPI Baja 5SC, TLR 8ight 2.0, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL and one very pissed off wife.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My traxxas revo platinum is bump start, they have there pros ...and cons easyier tuning and more power less weight, for a trade off of ease of starting .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had a revo for a while and I hated it. it was nothing but trouble for me so I don't plan on getting another one. Although I didn't remember that you could use a bump box with it! I may just have to go with a truggy and get a set of shocks that have more travel, and just set them up so I can have more ground clearance. Any thoughts on this?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: yakfish

I had a revo for a while and I hated it. it was nothing but trouble for me so I don't plan on getting another one. Although I didn't remember that you could use a bump box with it! I may just have to go with a truggy and get a set of shocks that have more travel, and just set them up so I can have more ground clearance. Any thoughts on this?

A Truggy has more suspension travel then a Mt.... the difference is the truggy sits much lower when static, but has piles more dropp..a Mt sits near the top of the travel to make it look cool...but for offroad function the truggy suspension is superior..... If you need more clearance you just need to adjust the truggy to sit higher, the travel is there
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: yakfish

A Truggy has more suspension travel then a Mt.... the difference is the truggy sits much lower when static, but has piles more dropp..a Mt sits near the top of the travel to make it look cool...but for offroad function the truggy suspension is superior..... If you need more clearance you just need to adjust the truggy to sit higher, the travel is there
    Yeah I think that is what I will most likely do. The truggy platform is by far superior than any MT platform when it comes to handling. but an MT will still go places a truggy can't. I think I can come up with a setup that will go anywhere a monster tuck can go and out handle a monster truck at the same time. I just need to get a truggy so I can start! I want something like an CRT X2, RC8T, 8ight-T, MBX5Tor MBX6T if I can get one. I'm not a racer but I have alway found that race grade trucks make excellent bashers!