Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

sirio 18

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 01:58 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sirio 18

I have a sirio 18 in my tmaxx 2.5 and have ran approx. 1/2 gal thru it. So far i am not to impressed. I thought it would be ALOT faster than the 2.5 engine. It seems a little faster, and easily runs thru awhole tank without stalling, but now it doesn't always shift into 2nd gear. I put on big joe 40's, steel cvd's, a steel spur gear, steel forward gear, and alum. reverse gear (all stock size). could the rotational mass of these mods be dragging this engine's potential down to almost stock performance? I thought that I would need to beef up the drivetrane to handle the extra power, but it seems that all i've done is spent hundreds of dollars to make my maxx stallproof. does anyone else have experience with this engine?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:46 AM
tjmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sirio 18

I have about the same amount of gas through my Sirio .18 as you so far I like it but I havent had to beef up my drive train. I think I will need to soon. I heard that every tank this engine gets better and better. Do you have the Sirio Big Bore Pipe it makes a pretty big difference.