Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

Old 08-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

I have been sharing pics and enjoying other members build ups for years!!! I figured it would be cool to revisit some of the trucks that we have built and sold many years ago that are all but forgotten. I actually reviewed some of my first few months of posts to scrape together some of my old rides. I have LONG since deleted the pictures, but they were still hosted by RCU so I reclaimed them. Thanks RCU for a blast from the past. A LOT of the members don't post anymore so if you remember any more 'classic' trucks, then post them.

Can't believe I have been on here for almost 3 years and the number of trucks and cars I have been through in the process. Sportmaxx, Savage 21, HPI Nitro MT, RC10GT, XTM Xterminator, Clodbuster (stock), Clodbuster (highly modded), T-Maxx, GS SUT, XTM X-Factor, RC-18MT, Mini-T, Mini LST and my current stable- LST, Nitro MT Racer, Hyper 7, Mini Quake and soon MGT SE and Revo. I also went through a retro phase and acquired new built Kyosho Big Brute, Monster Vette, Blackfoot, Monster Beetle, USA-1 and an original clod which have since been sold.

This was the truck that started this whole Nitro craze off for me, A Traxxas Sportmaxx. I did a lot to this truck, and it went through about 5 different build ups before being traded for a Mad Force RCX edition. RPM arms, skids, shock towers, 4x4, 2-speed, Imex tires on HPI wheels and so much more. I bought this in Sep of 2003. I beat the snot out of this truck and ran many many gallons of fuel through. That 2.5 was a great engine for me.

My old Mad Force RCX. I COMPLETELY regret getting rid of this truck. What a dumbass I was. They are hard to find, and when you do they are pricey. Mad Force's are hard enough to find, but the RCX had dual shocks per corner, OS-21RG, upgraded steering and much more. This is the ONE truck if I could get back I would. I always keep an eye on Ebay for an RCX, but I haven't seen one in almost a year...

This is the final pic of my 'original fleet', a Savage 21, my Maxx, MF RCX and Clod.

Ah, memories. Here's to 3 years of a great time in a great hobby with good people. This hobby has been a lot of fun for me and I will continue to enjoy it for 3 more years.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:11 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

man too bad i lost my old pix i didnt kno how it happened but yea a lot had happen in the past 3yrs ..
Old 08-31-2006, 02:12 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

You miss your madforce too, eh? Man i LOVED that truck! Bashing with that truck was just soooo much fun. Anyway, here are some of my oldies... What i could dig up anyway.

First my MGT limited...

Next... My very first savage! Had the weak knuckles and everything. LOL... And turned out to be the toughest savage i had ever owned.

My 9.5 Pro... Just after assembly. A cursed buggy it was. lol

Oh man... My purple maxx... LOL... My first Nitro RC. The T-maxx!

Ugh... This pic hurts... It hurts bad... My old mad force. The only thing i ever broke on this, was a diff gear. That was before i learned to use MACHINE thread screws in that diff cup and ring gear. lol

And the HCR racer savage i built. I have other pics floating around, with the truck on the HCR wheels too. Was very reliable. Sadly, the only parts i ever broke on this truck, were the HCR parts. LOL...

Great thread Dale! Im already lookin forward to what others will post. Maybe Binary will post his old mammoth.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

First my MGT limited...

Great thread Dale! Im already lookin forward to what others will post. Maybe Binary will post his old mammoth.
Do you see what those MGT limited flag bodies go for these day? If they are new, I have seen them anywhere from $75-$100!!! They were a really sweet looking body.

I remember Binary's old school stuff from Global Hobby from years back...

Old 08-31-2006, 02:37 PM
ThermalRD

Yup, i've seen those bodies go for over 100 bucks on Ebay. I think AE should do another limited run of that truck with that body. I bet they would sell like craaaazy...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:32 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Back when I was 2DMax (not 2DMaxLST)

Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
h22a4
My Feedback: (50)

Damn missed my anniversery by a few months. I remember the days when I was trying to get my big brute to wheely or my mrc mt10m to break......... I have not had much to say over the years but I am still here...
Old 08-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: h22a4

Damn missed my anniversery by a few months. I remember the days when I was trying to get my big brute to wheely or my mrc mt10m to break......... I have not had much to say over the years but I am still here...
Nice! When I am taking a break, I will lurk quite a bit and not post for a while too. Nice to see you are still around. Those Big Brute/Monster Vette/Double Dare trucks were pretty amazing for their time. I can't remember how much time I spent reading tower hobbies and begging for one of those truck for Christmas when I was younger. Never got one though... I have since caught up to the childhood goodies I missed though.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Dale Gribble

Guess a lot of the older members just don't post on here anymore... bummer!
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM
rscharp

I'm gonna have to dig up my RC pics for this thread... nice seeing the old school r/c's that we grew out of
Old 09-06-2006, 06:54 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

You miss your madforce too, eh? Man i LOVED that truck! Bashing with that truck was just soooo much fun. Anyway, here are some of my oldies... What i could dig up anyway.
I miss my Mad Force too... Wait no I dont, not after the thing practically split in half when I T-Boned a Savage . Here is the oldest pic I could find, its of a Duratrax Street Force GP (1st generation)

Old 09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
rscharp

This was my first nitro R/C - savage SS kit. The original SS. Bought it back in september of 2003[sm=eek.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61382.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	520214   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60454.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	520215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87531.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	520216  
Old 09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

I get that warm and fuzzy feeling while reading this thread I don't know if you guys remember me but I was on here a ton then I moved on to working on my fullsize truck ('85 K10) but I come on from time to time. I'm in the process of selling my 1/6 scale done to the hilt Monster Beetle (now on ebay) and I might start up another project.
I don't know how far back you guys remember but I still work at the lhs which is probably the reason for my slow down. It was a blast but when it was my job and hobby it got to be a little old. Anyways I'm pondering the idea of doing a twin engine savage since I have done everything else under the sun.

Ok here we go...
I have done tons of projects but these are the ones I have pictures of...
My gorilla maxx e-maxx was one of my first big projects, great truck and handled like a dream.

I also have my rock crawler that I built from random parts off of other trucks, 55t lathe, independent 4ws, locked, the whole nine yards...

Next up is my insane brushless Factory Team 18T. It was the first one built around here and was the first FT 18T that our shop had...

Hmm also have my little mini-t. Again, one of the first ones that we had in at our shop. Not much, reedy motor, shocks, cvd's, LiPo, etc...

Also can't forget the current beast, the Monster Beetle...it has a Oneill Bros. 26cc chrome engine, Jetpro pipe, TOTL electronics, metal gears, etc...

Of course we can't forget about rusty, he was my first r.c. car EVER and it still runs great. Of course now it runs on 9GP3300's, a MGM80 and a Lehner Basic4200 along with a slew of upgrades...

And then those that I don't have pictures of include:
brushless 12L3
two Evader-ST's
my original T-Maxx (first nitro)
Nitro tc3
electric tc3 (another current project)
and the list goes on...

Hope you guys enjoyed that walk down memory lane as much as I did. Here's to many more years of modding!

-Avery
Old 09-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

I haven't been here that long, but longer then a few, and have had many many cars and trucks come and go, the pictures are of my tmaxx 2.5, tmaxx 3.3(same body and wheels, different truck though), my xxx-nt, and one of the rc18 thats being traded for a revo this week, my first revo, after having three maxxes i hope its as good as everyone says it is...

Name:	Lj21676.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	521885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81850.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	521886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dj11897.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	521887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23978.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	521888  
Old 09-11-2006, 08:08 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Here is a pic of the truck I owned when I joined RCU back in 6/24/04.. my first MT

Old 09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
PedeBeater

Well I have alot of old time memories. This Isnt my really old account either My old one is from 2003. And It was called like TraxxasStampede. Well anyways Ill see If I can dig up any old pics.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Dale Gribble

Nice MGT!!!

Keep em comin gents.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:32 PM
mikewoodkozar

Here is my first Nitro truck...i must say that i miss it dearly, this was right along the same time i joined RCU, farewell old savage i miss ya!

Name:	Pn35762.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	523915  
Old 09-14-2006, 07:21 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I have one that looks almost like that one. Just add the body and beadlocks.

PM me if interested.

I like the body
Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM
mikewoodkozar

i would, but i am eyeballs deep in LST's, everywhere i look i see LST parts, wheels, tires, etc. I think my LST's would pack up and leave if i brought a Savage home, lol.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

man check ur paypal records also for the last 3 yrs hehehe...and ur bank statements for hobbyshop debits..
Old 09-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Man I missed the 3 year mark by 3 months Oh well Ill try to dig up so pics.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:05 PM
fourwheeler

New computer equals not having any old pics but I really enjoyed looking at the old trucks that you guys had. Keep them coming.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

avery4jc, are those beach pics taken at the Oceano Dunes and Pismo Beach?

I've only been a member for about 1 1/2 years, but I guess I'll post anyway.

It all started with a humble Traxxas Rustler, purchased on January 23, 2005 at Hobby Headquarters in Atascadero, CA.

This is the very first picture I took of this truck, after the very first run on a cold, wet January morning (the day following the purchase)

Then, with the help of rustler08, SkrapIron, 45mph pede, and a few others, I completed Rust-O-Pede. (Pede with a Rustler body). Afterwords, I eventually bought my second RC car that June, a Associated RC10GT Plus RTR. I drove it around for a few months, then sold it for $250 at the LHS on consignment. With the money, I bought a Mini-T Pro ARR and a Mamba Brushless. I drove that around, then eventually traded Sun_Kissed_Girl the Mini-T for her RC18T. I drove the RC18T around for a few months, then traded it for a E-flite Blade CP, and eventually for a HPI Nitro RS4 that I sold for cash. In the meantime, around October of 2005, I bought a Savage 25 for $275 here on RCU. I drove that around till around December, when I traded it for a brushless XXX-T. I kept the brushless and put it in my Pede, and traded the XXX-T with a Intellispeed ESC and Reedy Quad Mag motor for a Pro .15 T-Maxx. I drove the T-Maxx for a while, then sold it for cash. Then, in May of this year, I bought another Savage from a friend of mine from the flying field, for $350. This one has beadlocks, Picco .26, Truckzilla extended chassis and hardeded dogbones, the works. I still have it, and also still have my Pede. I also have all the original parts from my Rustler, as well as the original motor, ESC, manuals, decal sheet (with several of them cut out obviously), and even the original box it came in, still covered in the factory shrinkwrap, except one side where I opened the box from. Oh, and on July 4th, 2005, one of my friends gave me his Associated RC10 Championship Edition, which he had since he was 8 years old (he was 17 at the time when he gave it to me). I also still have that as well.

Well, there ya have my really boring and long history of RC cars. Now planes, thats another story.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

You forgot about the prop'o'pede. Remember that? We tried figuring out how to come up with a proper brake for it. And you told us it was really tip happy. Too bad you don't have it.

My rc journey started with a rustler, which I picked with the help of aliens8mycows, and other helpful members. I drove it around, dropped in a 27 turn motor, and turned the stock tires into slicks. Bought some proline dirt hawgs for the back(still almost no wear lol)

My next rc was a rc10, which I actually had in the garage before I had the rustler. I drove that, threw in the27 turn, and it was fast. Soon got bored. I began looking around for something faster. I discovered nitro, and I was hooked. When I saw the mayhem for the first time, I had to have it. I looked which ones I could afford, but always looked back for the mayhem. Then one day while looking around ebay, I saw one for 320 dollars. I grabbed it, and had my first nitro. I drove it around, and this thing is still a beast. I have yet to get a faster car. My friend was selling his Savage. Bought it off of him. I then found a LST for 300 dollars in Austin. Hell yeah. Grabbed it, and still love it. I soon had the "Have to have every single car" bug. I bought a XXX-NT for 50 bux, threw it on ebay, and got 230 dollars for it. Score, more car money. Found a Sirio Kanai motor. Got it for 100, and included like another 200 dollars in extra stuff. Sold the motor for 223 dollars. Kept the stuff(lol). I then found a rc10t4 and a Nitro Mt rtr together, and got it for super cheap. I also got a xx-cr and a Ofna buggy together for cheap. The xx-cr is cool, and the Ofna has yet to move under it's own power(missing center dog bones, to lazy to buy them). I then got a Mini Inferno, and plan to hop it up.

I have sold only 1 of my cars, and I didn't even get to run that one before selling it. Was a really nice car though. I would have raced that thing every weekend. I'll buy another one later, lol.

I love this hobby, and I doubt I'll ever get out of it, despite my debt. (Dang debt).

Rustler brand new, right out of the package. Not even been outside.

My shortened story. I wasn't going to post 2 years of experience.

I'm an idiot. I forgot about the revo. LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.