Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

gmade 2.2 gt beadlocks for bashing

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

gmade 2.2 gt beadlocks for bashing

Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
BaNZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gmade 2.2 gt beadlocks for bashing

Hi, guys!

I want to buy new set of rims, because broke my previous (they were stock wheels on chinese truck) during bashing. Nothing serious really, no jumps or drops or big airs, just a bit of drifting on gravel and old wheels has gone by themselves. So I need something stronger.

I got little 1:10 monster with 12mm hex, so crawler's beadlocks should be fine. I need them light, but strong, cheap and fits 2.2" tires.

I run my truck with 17.5t 2400Kv brushless Ezrun on 4s lipos, so it means speed and enough of torque. That's why stock wheels didn't last longer 20 minutes.

Gmade 2.2 GT has 8 bolts on each ring on both sides, I guess, is it enough to hold tires in case of ballooning?
What can you say about spokes? It was the area of destruction on stock wheels.

Also I would be glad to hear any experience of using any 2.2" beadlocks for bashing.

P.S. Plese, don't suggest beadlocks such on Slash e.t.c., because I want two sided beadlock wheels for normal 2.2" tires. I just don't like such asymmetrical wheels.

P.P.S. Please don't advice to buy simple rims and glue them. Want to give a try with beadlocks, nice and cute.

...oops, moderators, bring this thread where it should be, my bad x)
Old 12-11-2011, 03:40 PM
andrei2j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gmade 2.2 gt beadlocks for bashing

Hi!
Can you post some photos of your rims Gmade 2.2 GTwithmodifications,im interested on doing the same thing.
Please let me know.