Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-MAXX 2.5 Hop Up's

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 02:05 AM
Striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAXX 2.5 Hop Up's

We all get excited and hungry for more power by putting bigger engines in our RC Machines. Before making the big jump, did we ever look at making the best whith what we have? I read this post from another site as originally quoted "Do you already have a 2.5? If so, have you thought about beefin' that up? I have a 2.5 and I guarantee that I could smoke just about any other 2.5, unless they have theirs COMPLETELY maxxed out. You could do stuff to your existing 2.5 to really pull every last pony out of that sucker. I ported my sleeve, that cost $0.00; Paris turboring pipe cost like $27.00; Nova racing head for longer, cooler runs $35.00; O.S. 10D carburetor for more dependable tunes and overall reliability $40.00. You could invest that extra $50.00 into a receiver pack and steel spur gear (you will need it!), or pullstart to lighten the truck weight. With this setup, you would be blowing by most .21's. Remember, bigger block = more weight; and a good driver with a moderate engine will outrun a bad driver with a nice engine. Unless you plan on buying a bling-bling .21, I would concentrate on squeezing every last drop out of that 2.5, I think there are extra ponies just hiding out in there. Only trick is finding them, and learning how to control them effectively. Good luck. Oh yeah, and when people see a 2.5 running like this setup would be, heads will be turning. And THAT my friend, is part of the fun)"

Is it really this great?