Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help, truck won't start/won't prime fuel...

Hi guys, having a bit of issues with starting my HSP truck.
    It hasn't been started in around 6-8months and today I tried to fire it up again.

Initially i was able to prime fuel to the motor (but still wasn't able to start the motor) but now it won't prime anymore when blocking the muffler outlet and pulling the starter cord, no fuel goes up the line.
    If I unplug The hose from the motor and try to prime it again, the fuel moves up right away.

Would it be because my motor hasn't been used in so long ?
    I managed to get it started for a few seconds by adding a few drops of petrol into the port below the air filter.
    It starts for two secOnds then dies. I can get it slightly started again after but it lasts less than a second and every pull after, it sounds like it wants to start up but sounds like a very weak crank.

Also Is it normal for petrol to leak out of the exhaust outlet? If not how can I fix this issue?

I've replaced the glow plug and the igniter is fully charged so I'm after some help on how to get my truck up and running again.

Any help would be much appreciated before I end up taking it to a hobby store.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help, truck won't start/won't prime fuel...

ORIGINAL: whyte

Hi guys, having a bit of issues with starting my HSP truck.
    It hasn't been started in around 6-8months and today I tried to fire it up again.

Initially i was able to prime fuel to the motor (but still wasn't able to start the motor) but now it won't prime anymore when blocking the muffler outlet and pulling the starter cord, no fuel goes up the line.
    If I unplug The hose from the motor and try to prime it again, the fuel moves up right away.

Would it be because my motor hasn't been used in so long ?
    I managed to get it started for a few seconds by adding a few drops of petrol into the port below the air filter.
    It starts for two secOnds then dies. I can get it slightly started again after but it lasts less than a second and every pull after, it sounds like it wants to start up but sounds like a very weak crank.

Also Is it normal for petrol to leak out of the exhaust outlet? If not how can I fix this issue?

I've replaced the glow plug and the igniter is fully charged so I'm after some help on how to get my truck up and running again.

Any help would be much appreciated before I end up taking it to a hobby store.
    I am willing to bet the oil residue left behind from the last run has congealed inside the carburetor causing a restriction. I would pull the carburetor off, disassemble carefully (note any broken or bad-looking o-rings), and clean it out. Denatured alcohol (methylated spirits), clean glow fuel, methanol, etc. will all work well. Soak for some time, and blow out with compressed air if possible.

If cleaning the carb doesnt get it going, then look at your idle mixture needle and idle gap. If the idle is too low, it can cause the idle mixture needle to close off flow completely and fuel will not flow even when priming it.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.