Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New Emaxx or New savage flux hp?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New Emaxx or New savage flux hp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Emaxx or New savage flux hp?

Why is the emaxx better or why is the flux hp better? Let the debate begin!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM
LaTuFu

Default RE: New Emaxx or New savage flux hp?

Hahaha. So now you're off and running on another debate thread? At some point, I hope you actually buy one and enjoy it for yourself!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
wildbills rc

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

Hahaha. So now you're off and running on another debate thread? At some point, I hope you actually buy one and enjoy it for yourself!
thats the goal. Im just one of those people who has be 100% sure Iget the right and best item. I like lots of opinions.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM
LaTuFu

The problem is, there is no "right and best" in RC.

Some people like Savages, some people like Traxxas, others like Thunder Tiger.

Any one of those trucks would make you happy. If you have 0 experience in RC, you would not have any idea how different the Flux is from an MT4. If your only experience in RC is Helis or on road cars, that would still apply.

Bottom line, if you go with an E-Revo, Flux, or MT4, you will have chosen a great truck and will be very happy with it. The only way to ever know which one you would like the best is to own all of them. None of us could tell you that.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Flux is tougher, I know because i've owned both and I sold the E-maxx. The E-maxx handles like it's drunk also, parts break much more frequent and it became a pain in my butt, sure you upgrade it and it'll be better. but man I have a freaking BLAST with my Flux HP XL.

The question/debate would be which is better the Traxxas E-Revo (just put an E-maxx truck BODY on it, thats what I did) or the Savage Flux HP...Now I own both currently and always will because they are GREAT trucks! I could debate myself to death on which one I prefer, I can not decide. They Tie!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

thats the goal. Im just one of those people who has be 100% sure I get the right and best item. I like lots of opinions.
I am the same way also, this is why I own BOTH the BL E-Revo and the Flux HP.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
pyromatic177

IMO when it comes to MT's, the flux hp is better just because from what i seen it's a lot tuffer! But IMO if it ERBE .VS. Flux Hp. I'de pick ERBE All DayOr both LOL
Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

E-Maxx is awesome, but it is a dated platform. Traxxas never fixed the things that pushes the E-Maxx down my list:

They never fixed the bulkheads from the original design from 12 years ago.

They never decided to bulk up the a-arms.

They never decided to beef up the shock tower lower mounts to the bulkheads from the original design.

The E-Maxx is awesome after these issues are overcome with aftermarket or option parts. Out of the box though and between these two options, my vote goes to the Savage Flux HP without question.

On a side note, I will never, never understand why RPM never made bulkheads for the Maxx series trucks. There had to have been opportunity for hundreds of thousands of dollars there for good RPM bulkheads. If RPM came out with bulkheads around 2003-2004, they would have sold so, so many of them.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 PM
steed2-inactive

I own both and honestly, the savage flux is a much better buy if its between the two. I recently seen people putting braces on e revos and one actually saying he is continually breaking the chassis in half....say what??? this doesnt happen with a savage, never has never will, a savage has a chassis made from alumunum , not plastic like the emaxx and erevo, and why traxxas hasnt fixed the max bulkhead design like dale said is beyond all of us, i recently put a load of money into my emaxx and i would still put money on the savage as being way tougher, also the savage has 1/8 components where as the erevo and emaxx both have 1/10 components, also apparently people break driveshafts on the traxxas models running 6s where as the savage is all metal driveline and if you look at the two, you can clearly see you get way more for you money with the savage. The savage flux hp will eat an emaxx and an erevo for breakfast and come back for your monster gt for a snack!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 PM
steed2-inactive

oh, and wildsbills, just pick a damn truck, us guys will argue over whats better all day long, were kind of like a dog chasing its tail, we huff we puff and in the end......we go nowhere!!! cheers and happy shopping, or trolling...joking
Old 02-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Summit Love
Banned

Forget the emaxx and the savage. Get a summit.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:59 PM
pyromatic177

Well yes even though the summit is an awesome truck IMO. I think he wants a fast truck and the summit isn't fast. So yeah the flux hp=AWESOME
Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

The Summit isn't fast YET

Just needs a little brushless convincing is all.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 PM
pyromatic177

You go Dale. i know yours is going to fly can't wait to see it
Old 02-04-2012, 11:58 AM
LaTuFu

True, but a Summit with Brushless is simply an ERBE with more parts that are going to break.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:53 PM
jackripped

Savage over the Tmaxx by miles.
There is no comparison with the drivelines, the savage will pwn the T-maxx driveline, after all the maxx is plastic shafted.
The savage virtical chassis is stronger by alot, over the maxx flatish chassis.
The Flux tyres are lighter than maxx tyres and better balanced.
The diffs i recon are about the same in strength.lve crunched both with backflips.
The battery compartment on a flux is better than the e-maxx version.But then the revo battery compartment is better than the flux one and the maxx !
lve just bought a mini flux 1/16th scale, my first flux 1/16th, l have 2 revo 1/16th so i cant see myself being dissapointed with the flux junior.

If you havent decided what you like or want to buy , and are afraid of the cost of a 1/8 or 1/10 MT why not look at the 1/16 versions of the flux and the revo, the revo is far superior to the maxx personally l would forget about the maxxes forever, the like a previous post said, very outdated, however the 1/16th versions are priced very low, around the 300 mark, and for that ''you'' would be able to get a feel for this hobby and what sort of truck you might want to mature your driving too.They are very cheap, the 1/16th revo does 90klm/h out of the box with the correct batteries so does the mini flux, and they are far tougher than there larger cousins, because of the, E=Mc² factor, and the mass of the truck being so much less.A very good option for a beginner.
l have more fun with the little trucks because of one reason, the big ones l run 11.1 volt lipo batteries, the tyres just shread, they get torn to pieces all the time, they just do not like spinning around the 100klm/h mark without detonating !
I am yet to shred a single 1/16th tyre, again because of mass, or should l say the mass of the smaller tyres.

If you really want a big one, and you want speed, raw horsepower, forget the max get an E-Revo, kaput !
But be ready for a much much higher maintanence program.