Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Origional Cen Genesis, Nemesis, HD Hop Ups differences??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Origional Cen Genesis, Nemesis, HD Hop Ups differences??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 PM
IrishChamp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Origional Cen Genesis, Nemesis, HD Hop Ups differences??

I have an origional Cen Genesis and I'm planning on building a direct drive brushless extended chassis 1/6 scale truck. I'm unsure however if I should sell my Genesis and get a Nemesis or stick with what I have.
I know the Nemesis has aluminum differential outer cases front and back where the Genesis has plastic and I believe the old Genesis has plastic internal diff cases instead of aluminum also as well as the front dogbone differences but is there any difference in the other components and materials. Are the CVS's beefier on the Nemesis, are the actual internals of the differentials, quality of metal and plastic used superior on the Nemesis?
And this brings me to my last question; there are also HD parts listed on Cen's website, GSS07 Front or Rear Tranny II, GSS10 Heavy Duty CVS's + Outreive , And GS091 Universal Swimg Shaft (CVS). Are these parts the same as the Nemesis, Genesis amd Nemesis or an upgrade to both?
Im big into building my rigs right the first time, there is nothing I hate more than breaking parts unnecessarily only to have a throwaway and need to buy a new upgraded part. If the Nemesis sports the strongest components I'll just buy a whole truck and sell my whole truck, if only a few parts are inferior on my Genesis I'll just upgrade those and if the HD Hop Ups are the toughest ill upgrade to those piece by piece as I find them.
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 AM
IrishChamp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Origional Cen Genesis, Nemesis, HD Hop Ups differences??

Morning bump. Someone else must have had this same question and found the truth .
Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM
hooleydog
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Origional Cen Genesis, Nemesis, HD Hop Ups differences??

I Bought my aluminum upgrades from the eBay store, and all the other parts from Gen Racing, which only takes 1 week to arrive at my door (I've had no problems with them) and I have the Nemesis aluminum differential outer cases on my GST 7.7 also.. Though My truck is converted to a gasser (30.5cc) , so If I was you just keep the Genesis and get the Nemesis centre front dogbone (You need the brake dogbone cup too) and the aluminum diff outer housings..

Mike..

http://stores.ebay.com/Bargain-RC-TO...=p4634.c0.m322

http://cenracing.shptron.com/c/r-c-parts_gs-gss-parts