Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What is the best rc monster truck for me?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What is the best rc monster truck for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:45 PM
kitson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best rc monster truck for me?

i want a rc electric monster truck, at first i wanted to get the Traxxas Rustler RTR Electric ST XL-5 w/ ESC but i heard traxxas is not durable. so now im trying to find another rc monster truck. the monster truck must fit my budget of 200. it should go more than 35+ the company maker must be known for durablility and it must be good for jumps. so idk if you ahve any reccomendations but plz help me my b-day is aug23 and i want to have an rc monster truck for my party. good day
Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Default RE: What is the best rc monster truck for me?

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...202Amonsterjam

Depends on what you call durable but I think Traxxas is durable enough. Also you aren't going to find much for $200. The 1/16 Monster Jam is in your price rage and is based off the Mini E-Revo which I have bashed pretty hard and it holds up well.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

For $200, stick with Traxxas.  Get a Stampede or a Rustler.  You'll wind up breaking whatever you get, so you should start with something that is easy to find information and support.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 AM
wildbills rc

for 200 get a redcat caldera 10e for sure!!!!!! For 380 get a traxxas stampede 4x4
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Mysterious

durable is a relevant term....you'd be wise to spend a bit more to buy a slightly better truck imho .... for an extra $100 you could get a Savage XS... a way better buy
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-w-24GHz-Radio
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
LaTuFu

Very debatable whether the XS is a better buy, especially for $100 extra on a first timer's truck.  It breaks like any other smaller scale truck.  Plus the OP disappeared a long time ago from this thread.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Mysterious

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

Very debatable whether the XS is a better buy, especially for $100 extra on a first timer's truck. It breaks like any other smaller scale truck. Plus the OP disappeared a long time ago from this thread.
I disagree, just a visual eyeballing of the 2 compared to each other imho the XS looks a lot less dinky cheap plastic like the Traxxas stuff... Traxxas has nice vehicles and nice options but their stuff is built to break imho, too much cheap plastic at too many spots.... its all opinion, but for an extra $100 I'd buy the XS without pause
Old 02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Anyone who claims a stampede or rustler is weak either jumps them off of buildings or hasnt owned one.

I have had 4 stampede in my time and broken next to nothing on any of them. Probably the best thing you could buy for $200.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
LaTuFu

ORIGINAL: Mysterious

I disagree, just a visual eyeballing of the 2 compared to each other imho the XS looks a lot less dinky cheap plastic like the Traxxas stuff... Traxxas has nice vehicles and nice options but their stuff is built to break imho, too much cheap plastic at too many spots.... its all opinion, but for an extra $100 I'd buy the XS without pause
That's what's great about opinions, I suppose. But at this scale, unless you're jumping them off bridges or slamming them into concrete walls, a Stampede or Rustler will absolutely hold their own against the XS, stock for stock, out of the box. And be cheaper. I think the XS is a great truck. (And I do tend to agree with the Traxxas built to break idea, but they still have some very good trucks for the money.)

If I applied your logic, (spend extra to get better durability) I may as well go all the way and spend $450 on a Thunder Tiger MT4G3, which is way more durable than the XS.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Boerboel95

redcat is the only monster truck that ur going to find anywhere close to 200 i have a caldera and its pretty good all i had to do was replace the servo it does about 30-35 mph out of the box
Old 03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
LaTuFu

The ECX Ruckus is $150 +/- and seems to get good reviews from bashers.  I've never owned one, but there are big fans of it out there.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Boerboel95

are you wanting a 4x4 or 2wd ?