Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mounting gun

Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 AM
twistedmind67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting gun

Ok i'm new here and so let me introduce myself, Ron Williams 44 yrs old kid at heart, live in nashport oh right now because of job, Indiana next on job. bought volcano s30 2 of themone for me and for wife. first day out broke wife's truck in and then was showing her how to operate it. came up on ditch meant to hit brake instead hit culvert half throttle.needless to say ordered new parts to fix bumper and new body
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 AM
carrellh

Default RE: mounting gun

I'm guessing this is a "troll" post but maybe not.
Find out what the Federal, State, and Local laws are regarding this before you do it. You probably do not want to be arrested on weapons charges.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 AM
twistedmind67

No troll here, just figured i would try something different i am checking with a friend of mine who is a firearms dealer first, like I said i'm 44 yrs old not a kid. I would'nt do anything to jeopardize me or my job. making to much money to be stupid
Old 02-28-2012, 09:26 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

There are so many things that make me want to say "not a great idea".

I'm a gun enthusiast, too, so don't take my comments to sound anti-gun.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a gun rolling around on a vehicle locked and loaded with the safety off.

It could discharge accidentally during a rollover or accidental contact with your culvert, shock from impact (a remote possibility, I acknowledge) could cause one.

The stability of the vehicle would be compromised, too.  A heavy item like that would affect the suspension quite a bit, the COG would be completely altered.  There are bound to be other issues I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Not to mention it just goes against every bit of firearms training I've ever had in my life, civilian or military, to let a hot weapon go out of my hands downrange, where I potentially can't control its discharge.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
twistedmind67

it was just a thought, maybe i'll use the plastic bb guns they are much lighter and safer
Old 02-28-2012, 12:34 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Troll, troll, troll, troll, troll, troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like troll, walks like a troll, sounds like s troll, must be a troll.

Posting this in multiple forums, is trolling.

Buzz.

P.S. Follow the safety rules of shooting, you will be responsible for where ever the bullet goes.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 PM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: twistedmind67

Ok i'm new here and so let me introduce myself, Ron Williams 44 yrs old kid at heart, live in nashport oh right now because of job, Indiana next on job. bought volcano s30 2 of themone for me and for wife. first day out broke wife's truck in and then was showing her how to operate it. came up on ditch meant to hit brake instead hit culvert half throttle.needless to say ordered new parts to fix bumper and new body.any ways i was wondering if there is a way to mount a small cal 22 pistol on truck. has anyone done this.? I believe it would easy use a servo to pull trigger and mount a small camerathat will work with your phone align the camera up to sight gun in. I will be attempting this feature in upcoming months. lets go rabbit hunting!!!
LOL i thought it would be cool to put a Paintball gun on a body

Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

There are so many things that make me want to say ''not a great idea''.

I'm a gun enthusiast, too, so don't take my comments to sound anti-gun.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a gun rolling around on a vehicle locked and loaded with the safety off.

It could discharge accidentally during a rollover or accidental contact with your culvert, shock from impact (a remote possibility, I acknowledge) could cause one.

The stability of the vehicle would be compromised, too. A heavy item like that would affect the suspension quite a bit, the COG would be completely altered. There are bound to be other issues I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Not to mention it just goes against every bit of firearms training I've ever had in my life, civilian or military, to let a hot weapon go out of my hands downrange, where I potentially can't control its discharge.
Excellent advice!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
twistedmind67

ok i now know what a troll means, thought yall was degrading me , posting in more than one place. sorry for that. don't want to make enemies here
just got on. ok scratch the idea no guns allowed on vehicles. can you buy other body kits to fit your trucks. i would like to find a chevy style body kit around
1984-1986
Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Max_Power

Why arm the extremists who are trying to take away our right to own firearms?...On second though if you really have a .22 pistol I hope someone takes it away from you(parents?)? If you keep posting like this you will likely have to remind people you are 44 years old a lot. If you have come to your senses why don't you go edit this idea out? []