Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Losi Aftershock

Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Calin666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Aftershock

I have to give it up to Losi, for their design (or the company responsible for the design) of the Aftershock, and the engine that came in it, the M26SS.
I got this kit about 5 years ago, ran it for maybe 6 months, and then let it sit till this weekend.
Ripped the motor apart, cleaned it with WD40 and nitro fuel, oiled the bearings, changed the glow plug, and stared it this last Saturday. Started on the first try in about 3 seconds with the stock roto-start. I was AMAZED.
I didn't run it, just started it, and let it run for maybe 2 minutes, and killed it.
Today though, I started the ***** up. I let warm for about 2 minutes. Then......
I ran it for two full tanks, and it went through all the fuel, ni problem!
I am just stunned, AMAZED, that it runs just like it did 4 years ago, even after I didn't take care of it.
Testament to the engineering of the motor. AMAZING.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Losi Aftershock

Nice.. There is a lot of nervous apprehension in this hobby that things just won't work - and sometimes they don't.. But then there is also the surprise sometimes that they do.. Nitro engines are not as finicky and troublesome as a lot of people seem to think(and as the electric fangirls make it out to be..) I too am sometimes surprised at how well an engine of mine will run after sitting for a long time..