Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Losi xxt brushless?

Am tempted to get a Losi XXT and convert to brushless. The reason being that allthough the XXT is a strong well designed truck i feel it lacks a little speed. So would converting it to brushless be a good option? Im basically trying to create an awesome all rounder.

I currently have a HPI RS4, but obviously no use on anything but perfect tarmac.

It seems very hard to find this truck over in the UK, so would i be better off buying it piece by piece so that i can replace parts for alloy as i go. Yes it will weigh a little more, but with a 6s Lipo im sure it will be negligable.

Any hints, tips or advice would be awesome, even feel free to suggest a different starting truck if there is a better starting point.

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Losi xxt brushless?

Hi there, I just put a Velineon Brushless setup in my XXT-cr and a LIPO battery and WOW. It was VERY fast, for a few minutes. On about the 4th wheelie it quit moving and now the diff sounds like a miraca.

If you do it, loosen the slipper up and be gentle or you'll junk it out.

Good luck,
    Darwin