RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

SportMaxx Vs ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 09:52 PM
kcfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SportMaxx Vs ??

Hi,

I am looking at getting into this hobby, I have R/C planes but looking for something else to do when the wind is blowing here in Kansas.

I have done a little research, and have came up with 2 different Monster Trucks that I am looking to buy.

I was looking at the possibly of getting a CEN MT truck, seems that they are a decent truck with speed to boot, but parts are very hard to come by, and it has no upgrades.

So I was looking at the SportMaxx, it seems to a decent truck made by Traxxas, only a 2WD and a max speed of 30+, but on the other Hand I noticed that it can be upgraded over time to a T-Maxx witht he upgrade kits, so it could be a 4WD and 40+mph.

So my big question, is what is everyones thought on all of this? As a beginner what truck should I look at? Does anyone know any history on the Sportmaxx? I don't want to buy a truck that I will be tired of in 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help

Rodney
Old 09-01-2003, 10:04 PM
SavageRCRacer
My Feedback: (2)

Default SportMaxx Vs ??

I would personally get the sportmaxx and do the 4wd converson. I dont have the cen truck so I cant say anything about them.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:57 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default SportMaxx Vs ??

cen is a great truck, the sportmaxx will tsart breaking alot as soon as you upgrade it to a tmaxx, the strain is to much and it adds a pound and a half. i say go with the Cen, aftermarket support will come out soon from cen anyawys.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:08 PM
SavageRCRacer

Default Hey

What all do you own casey? I am not trying to start anything but I have a maxx that I raced for 2 months until I got my savage and the ONLY thing I broke was the spur gear stripped one time.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:24 PM
tjmaxx

Default SportMaxx Vs ??

I would get the Sport Maxx it should be alot easier to get parts for.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Razoo

Default SportMaxx Vs ??

I have a Sportmaxx that I've upgraded with the 4WD and have not broke anything since I've owned it. It is my 1st MT and I highly recommend it. I've never had any problems with the engine either.
This board seems very pro Savage, so if you ask about anything else you won't get very good information. Get the Sportmaxx, follow the break-in instructions and have fun.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:32 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

Default SportMaxx Vs ??

i had a cen mt and it's great, but parts are hard to get other than on the web , so if you want a great basher with a ton of parts and aftermarket stuff get the sportmaxx, but if you want a truck that can beat almost any other mt out there and don't ming waiting a couple days for parts get the cen mt .
Old 09-02-2003, 12:05 AM
kcfan

Default SportMaxx Vs ??

Thanks Razoo for the advice. I'll be sure to break in the engine and such. As for racing, I doubt that I will be doing much of that sine I don't know of anyone here in the area that has a MT, it is bascially going to be a backyard toy that I can take to the lake when I can't fly.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Legendary

Default Get the Sport Maxx!

Although the CEN MT2 seems to be a great truck there just is not enough parts support out there yet. The Maxx on the other hand has more then anyone would ever need!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:31 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Re: Get the Sport Maxx!

Originally posted by Legendary
Although the CEN MT2 seems to be a great truck there just is not enough parts support out there yet. The Maxx on the other hand has more then anyone would ever need!
sucks fo ryou all, a LHS bout 5 minutes away from me carries a full supply for all of cen's vehicles Dont give me that LHS support BS if i get a cen!! hahah

oh and ford, list of what i have owned goes on and on and on, i trade alot of my stuff for other stuff, drive it a few weeks or a month then trade it ive had a tmaxx and an emaxx so dont worry.