Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Landy mud ready

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:37 PM
jackripped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landy mud ready

Im in tropical queensland australia, mackay to be precise.
Heres my scx10 axial landrover/dingo with a Goat 3s ballistic system from nova in it.
The truck has 2x5000 mah LIPO batteries in parrallel and gives me about 3 hours of driving, its awesome !
These photos were taken just after a mud bash !
The top cover is a dvd cover cut in half silicone sealed to body with 2 screws and prevents water dripping onto ESC so i can drive in the rain !
The chassis has a top rail added for the second battery that sits up the front the front springs and rear springs are changed .
All battery connectors and switches sit outside top of body away from water areas and in easy reach to turn off/on.
I didnt build it to be pretty, just practical.
On the motor sencor leads, are very carefully silicone sealed to prevent water seepage into the plugs which can give false sencor reading and make car shutter.
i have silicone sealed the external capacitor, tho that isnt usually a problem, if the car flips and the capacitor ends up under water it can be damaged and can in turn damage the ESC.
I have a standard waterproof traxxas steering servo but would recommend a high torque futuba water proof one.
The reciever box is silicone sealed all the way around and where wires exit is filled with silicone so no holes are left, its should be effectivly airtight.Submergable in water.
If you are going to do this use high quality electrical systems, you dont want to be opening reciever boxes and breaking the seal as you do, each time it needs to be completely cleaned off and re-sealed.
Mud bashing is alot of fun but alot of maintenence also.
Always have a tin of sprayable lubricant, like WD-40 or RP-7 etc.
Aslo I sprayed silicone [silicone in a compressed can, like paint ] onto exposed electrical items like esc, this gives it an improved seal, do that when you first get it out of its box new, to get the best adheasion.
Some photos then.....

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff488/piddlefoot/