Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Duratrax Fire Hammer

Old 07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
mycat8urskidoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Fire Hammer

got a chance to pick up a duratrax firehammer for 100 bucks, not sure if its the mt or the buggy, all i know is it needs a recoil and drive gears he said, which im assuming is the clutch setup off the motor. I've got the perfect place to run something this big (1 acre while the fields are planted, 100's when theyre not), my main concern is finding parts, are these decent trucks? , and were and how hard are parts to find?
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 PM
mycat8urskidoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duratrax Fire Hammer

well went and checked it out, and couldnt pass it up, so now im on the search for parts, need a recoil and the gear that goes on the crankshaft for sure, also going to be in the market for a body and as many spare parts as i can find.  I couldnt find much for duratrax parts, anyone got  a good source for aftermarket stuff, or maybe some stuff off of other 1/5 scale stuff that will fit? Im pretty pumped about this thing, thinking i can have a little more fun with it than my mini revo, especially once they take the fields down . 

Old 07-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Duratrax Fire Hammer

The Firehammer is the same as the Smartech, XRC and I believe Carson also. Some FG parts will also fit, but I doubt the drive gears will. Pull starts are pretty universal and whole units can be cheap on eBay, which is probably your best place to look for parts especially if you want duratrax parts. The Firehammer would also be considered a Large Scale, you might be able to get more help by posting in that section.