Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Rotostart??????

Old 09-03-2003, 06:14 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotostart??????

Hot bodies roto start or hpi roto start , will either of these fit the xtm 24.7 engine and the o.s. MAXX RG engine? reason being i just bought a .21 converted t-maxx and i was curious about the roto start to see if it would fit. hobbytown USA won't try to see if it fit's because the have some stupid "if you open box you bought it policy" , it is so retarded, all i wanted to do was see if the engine mount holes would match up THAT'S ALL , and they said unless i intend to buy i can't open the box! tell me if the roto start from either company will fit, please only someone who has seen it fit or someone who has it.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:48 PM
DFF

Default Rotostart??????

I have both the HPI and the Hot Bodies.

The HPI was purposely designed for the Savage and have:
- A different black plastic case in order to have the connection for the rotostart shaft sitting higher.
- The HPI unit has a shiny liner while the HB gear doesn't. I means the HPI will have less wear because the gear doesn't turn strainght into the plastic case.

Goto this page to see the different rotostart configuration...

https://ssl.kundenserver.de/s3892536...iew.shopscript

Starter shaft is longer on the HPI version in order to be able to reach the rotostart case throught the Savage bumper. With the HB, you won't be able to do that.

Hope this help

DFF
Old 09-03-2003, 08:23 PM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

yeah , but will it fit one of those engines?
Old 09-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Turn&Burn

Default Rotostart??????

Yes, either will fit the 24.7 because I have the HPI on mine and it is a direct fit part and works like a charm......But the O.S RG I am not to sure on that one....But I think their are other backplates avaliable that might work on the RG.....
Old 09-03-2003, 09:50 PM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

ok , thanks, tell me something TurnandBurn does the 24.7have good preformance, as far as top speed and acceleraction, the one i bought comes with the o.s. engine but i am thinking about getting the 24.7 to put in. does it over heat often? how does it run?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Turn&Burn

Default Rotostart??????

Awe man it is a brutal, it runs like a raped ape (I read that line in another post here and love it.... )....Anywho I run it in a converted maxx, with a bunch of other mods needless to say I think it might be too much...But Mine is the 24.7 6 port which is a little meaner than the reg. one.....Also the temps are around 250 and that is bashing in grassey, hilley area's....Which was killing my clutch BTW....If you use an engine with this much HP the factory clutch just will not hold up...The dern thing got so hot the clutch spring was white, and if you stopped the truck when it was hot the hot steel clutch bell was melting the plastic spur gear.....The RG will work fine with the factory clutch but my 6 port would not.....So I put in a Strobe RC slipper clutch, UE 4 shoe clutch and ofna 1/8 scale gears and solved that problem....You can see some pic's of it in my gallery....I have not put any up with the new mod's on it yet.... I will soon though...
Old 09-04-2003, 12:22 AM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

hey , do those rpm arms hold up good, and did you upgrade the .15 maxx or did you buy a 2.5 maxx and upgrade it? the one i'm getting is a .15 maxx upgraded to the xtm .21 kit. if you upgraded the .15 max did the rpm arms fit on the stock bulkheads? i'll post pics when i get it in a couple of day's.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:28 AM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

i plan to go with the blue 2.5 maxx arms, rpm bulkhead braces , rpm shocktowers and the rpm crome clawz wheels on the pro-line roadrage tires , on my new maxx . i don't see why people critisize the 2.5 maxx all the time, this will be my first maxx, i have had a .26 savage and a cen funfactor st2 , but i never had a maxx before. i have driven my bud's and the local hobbyshop and the engine i s the only weak link i think, that's why i bought a .21 maxx on ebay, he has pics but there poor resolution , i will post those untill i get the truck and post new better one's.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:30 AM
RC SNYPER

Default .21 t-maxx pics

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	107214_36788.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	59708  
Old 09-04-2003, 12:32 AM
RC SNYPER

Default .21 maxx pics

Name:	107216_36788.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	59709  
Old 09-04-2003, 12:35 AM
RC SNYPER

Default .21 maxx pics

Name:	107217_36788.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	59710  
Old 09-04-2003, 12:36 AM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

here they are. it includes all the origional maxx parts and the alluminum upgraded one's.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:43 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default Rotostart??????

ill stick with plastic cuz once u bend the aluminum u need to replace or straigthened them up everytime u bend them
Old 09-04-2003, 09:28 AM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

the only allum parts are the drivetrain and the gears.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Turn&Burn

Default Rotostart??????

Ohh yea All of my RPM stuff is very strong and If you break any of it RMP will replace it.....Also My truck is a modded sportmaxx....I did not want the 2 speed, or reverse...Because the sportmaxx tranny has less parts to tear up than the t-maxx.....Regardless of the wars that get started around here just buy what you like....Because if you think about it they are all RC's, they all break, and if you have said 100 cuss words any RC you own will hear them all....So when folks are @ war it just makes me laugh... BTW good lookin truck...
Old 09-04-2003, 10:04 PM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

thanks , yeah i agree aout the arguing thing. it's senceless to argure, just get what you like . by the way i am geting a new body for it and a bunch of rpm stuff for it including the 2.5 maxx arms, i have to get the longer cvd's and turnbuckles too.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Turn&Burn

Default Rotostart??????

That's cool...You will love it, that's for sure and not to mention with all of the blue stuff it just looks awesome......I know their are a bunch out their but in all my years I have never owned a vehicle that I had SO many choice's of colors, size's, shapes, and materials, of hop up's with the Maxx hell it's endless.....I can say one thing out of all the work and green backs that I have put into this beast it has been one of the baddest Nitro RC's I have ever owned....
Old 09-05-2003, 12:30 AM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

same here! i have put at least $200 in it and i just bought it 2 days ago! and i'm only 15 so money is hard to come by but i have saved up about $1000 dollars over the summer by cutting grass, i still am after school and on week ends. this would be my 4th nitro rc that i have bought myself! i have had a .26 savage,cen funfactor st2,cen funfactor mt,and now the .21 t-maxx.it's amazing , i know i had about $400 bucks in my wallet last week, and now......... $2.34 left! This is getting to be one expensive toy, but tons of fun.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:54 AM
Turn&Burn

Default Rotostart??????

I here ya...I am 27 and It does not get any cheaper I can tell you you have more in your wallet than I do.....Actually I only have receipts in mine....
Old 09-05-2003, 09:18 AM
RC SNYPER

Default Rotostart??????

hahaha, that's true , that's true.well at least you can get a refund on them , ( i lost mine)or should i say i hide them so well that i can't even find them.