Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: what to get

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what to get

Not sure what to buy. Please help with some nitro 4x4 monster trucks for 500 or less.
    p.s. this would be my first vehicle.
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: what to get

ORIGINAL: GeoffreyBlack

Not sure what to buy. Please help with some nitro 4x4 monster trucks for 500 or less.
    p.s. this would be my first vehicle.
    Thanks
    I would straight up get a MGT 8.0 seriously the most fun I have ever had with a r/c in 17 years, at about $475 its really a awesome deal. roto-start, 2-speed with reverse, hardened steel gears the drivetrain can take amazing amount of punishment without breaking. and the power.... oh the power is just incredible, it handles very well for being so top heavy, almost never rolls on me, great parts support and inexpensive replacement parts, and the cherry on top is its very easy to work on.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

I had a Savage X 4.6 for about a year and I really liked it. It amazed me how tough the truck was, even after all the stupid stuff I did to it. The newest version w/ the 2.4Ghz system is right around the $450 range. Another great offering from hpi is the Bullte MT 3.0. It's only about $340 and features fully waterproofed electronics, a 2.4Ghz system, and a water resistant air intake.

Most electric trucks are $500+, so nitro is probably the way to go.
    Fast. Durable. Cheap.
    Pick any two.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Savage FTW, I've owned the same MGT 8.0 twice, and regretted it both times.
    Besides poor parts support, it breaks almost everytime I drive it.
    (I think Shark got one of the good ones lol)
    However it's a freaking blast when it isn't broken!
    HPI Savage gets my vote because of durability and parts support, Savage XL has Bulletproof diffs now, you get a one year warranty with XL and I believe 2 years with the X, HPI has one of the best customer services in the industry.
    If you don't mind breaking things constantly, and waiting for parts, MGT 8.0 is an absolute blast to drive!

Savage XL FTW.