Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Wheelie bar?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wheelie bar?

Hey all. I am not an official member of this forum yet as it will be three weeks until I order my Savage X 4.6. I plan on getting a wheelie bar for it. HPI85245. Maybe I am naive here, but those things look like a blast!

My question: Should I learn to drive it first without a wheelie bar? If there is any benefit for me to learn driving one without wheelie bar first, I'm down with that. However I wil be slapping that thing on in a matterof days and keep it there because I can'r see why I would not want one one it ASAP
    Thanks!
    Mugen MBX6R, HB D8T, Losi 8 2.0, Savage X 4.6, Losi 810, Hyper 7, Exceed Forza
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NitroRCNerds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Wheelie bar?

try without a bar, when I had my t-maxx, i was able to keep one going even without one, now that i have my MGT 8.0 that is ported, i can keep it off it's lid, it does have a integrated bumper wheel, but the car will flip with a 1/4 pull of the trigger if you don't time it just right, I don't like big stable wheelie bars, it takes away the skill and fun of a wheelie.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get a wheelie bar right off the bat, saves your lid. (hopefully)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get a wheelie bar right off the bat, saves your lid. (hopefully)  

+1 to this. Also, having a wheely bar on a Savage isn't a training wheel, it requires a lot of practice to sustain a wheely even with the bar.
    Fast. Durable. Cheap.
    Pick any two.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, guys!

I already ordered the wheelie bar above (prior to even ordering the Savage X 4.6 itself).

Team GxG answered my concern in that the wheelie bar is not a "training aid". I just wanted to ensure I was not punking out by getting one before learning to drive without it (as noted I am new to the MT scene).
    Mugen MBX6R, HB D8T, Losi 8 2.0, Savage X 4.6, Losi 810, Hyper 7, Exceed Forza
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NitroRCNerds