Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Wheelie bar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheelie bar?

Hey all. I am not an official member of this forum yet as it will be three weeks until I order my Savage X 4.6. I plan on getting a wheelie bar for it. HPI85245. Maybe I am naive here, but those things look like a blast!

My question: Should I learn to drive it first without a wheelie bar? If there is any benefit for me to learn driving one without wheelie bar first, I'm down with that. However I wil be slapping that thing on in a matterof days and keep it there because I can'r see why I would not want one one it ASAP
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
The_Shark

Default RE: Wheelie bar?

try without a bar, when I had my t-maxx, i was able to keep one going even without one, now that i have my MGT 8.0 that is ported, i can keep it off it's lid, it does have a integrated bumper wheel, but the car will flip with a 1/4 pull of the trigger if you don't time it just right, I don't like big stable wheelie bars, it takes away the skill and fun of a wheelie.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a wheelie bar right off the bat, saves your lid. (hopefully)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Team GxG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a wheelie bar right off the bat, saves your lid. (hopefully)  

+1 to this. Also, having a wheely bar on a Savage isn't a training wheel, it requires a lot of practice to sustain a wheely even with the bar.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
JohnP2

Thanks, guys!

I already ordered the wheelie bar above (prior to even ordering the Savage X 4.6 itself).

Team GxG answered my concern in that the wheelie bar is not a "training aid". I just wanted to ensure I was not punking out by getting one before learning to drive without it (as noted I am new to the MT scene).