Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TXT Motor help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 09:46 AM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TXT Motor help?

Well My txt fell in the creek last run about a month ago,Now Im ready to build her back up I need a new esc,I was gonna get another superroster,but i seen this other esc made by Mtroniks"never heard of them"does anyone know about this esc.The SR is 120,the mtronik is like 145,says it can do anything the SR can,and its WATERPROOF"Aparently I need that.

And I wanted stronger motors,So far I heard magnetic mayhems are the best,So I was gonna get those but I see they regular and reversed,Do I need the revesed for the txt?
And Are these the best motors for power and torque?
If not what do you recomend,and what pinion would you run on them?Im looking for climbing power,dont really care about speed
Old 09-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

Default TXT Motor help?

m-troniks esc's are pretty good and the waterproof ones will be great for what u are doing just incase sumthing like that happens. but by no means does it mean u can run through water because u still have all the other electronics on it.

As for motors i am not sure how the txt-1 is setup so i can't comment on the reversed feature. however for the pinion the less teeth the cooler the motor runs and the more torque and acceleration it has
Old 09-12-2003, 02:34 AM
Orcinus

Default RE: TXT Motor help?

I have a TXT-1 with Mag Mayhems. You need to normal motors for it, not a reverse motor. They offer -awesome- amounts of torque. Going from top speed (with stock pinion gears) to full stop only takes 1.5 truck lengths (2.5 feet), and the ass end lifts up quite impressively. If you want more torque, get smaller pinions. Make sure they are 32 PITCH. I believe the smallest one available is 8 teeth, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to find. 9 tooth pinions seem more common.