Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kyosho MadForce Dual Brushless Project.

hey everyone..

Im just getting back into the rc world.. I used to have an 1/8th scale duratrax warhead evo II with an axial 32 and a clodbuster. years ago..

I just recently bought a Kyosho Madforce Kruiser VE. I wanted to build something cool, and no offense but Im sick of all the erevo hype.
    The truck comes with an orion vortex 2050kv brushless motor and a 16T pinion. I bought 2 venom 5000Mah 30c Lipo batteries and an onyx dual lipo charger with balancing.

It was insanely fast out of the box.. standing backflips all day. But I bought it because it is setup with a dual motor plate. I eventually want to add another brushless motor and esc. this build log will show you guys my progress in making this a custom 1/8th scale solid axle truck capable of eating most 1/10th scale trucks out there (hopefully) haha!!

My first project was a wheelie bar.. it has one from the factory but the placement is horrible for what I want out of the truck.. It is too high and too close to the body... by the time the wheelie bar makes contact, you are halfway on your lid. There is 1 aftermarket adj. bar, but even it is too short. Being the creative person that I am, I went to Lowes and bought some aluminum.
    Sorry i dont have any build pictures of this I had it finished before I decided to post this.

the original wheelie bar was attached to the end of the black arms coming straight out.. I simply took the wheels off of it and attached them to aluminum bars tha I mounted further up on the frame. It does not interfere with my suspension travel at all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Kyosho MadForce Dual Brushless Project.

I decided to get a new body after the first 2 days... the original one was thin and broke easy.
    I got a GMC Topkick.... thanks overkill... Looks pretty nice... I painted it red, then went to tint the windows and the night shades paint reacted with the red and gave it a cool effect.. so i painted the night shades over the entire truck.. here is how it turned out..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my next project was adding lights to the new body. I got an rc lights kit with twin headlights and working brakelights. I used 2 of the headlights under the body to make the ground glow. I also added an aluminum 4 light fog kit and mounted it on the front bumper...

My 2 favorite pictures..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got to test out the wheelie bar today... Holy crap.. From a dead stop on concrete with 4s 11.8v on a brushless 2050kv. I can give it full throttle and it is insane the acceleration it has.. there is one problem though... the wheelie bar is off the ground about 2" so when I floor it from a stop the truck lifts the front tires and when the wheelie bar hits the ground the truck bounces up a bit and the rear tires loose traction for a split second.. but when they grab it goes almost to top speed with the front wheels a few inches off the ground... I will make a video..Its intense.

So, to combat this "problem" haha... i bought these..

Traxxas nitro 4tec shocks

Hopefully this will absorb the impact of the wheelie bar hitting the ground and keep the rear tires planted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My local hobby shop doesnt have any parts in stock for it so they are ordering a bunch to keep... It is down at the moment... I messed something up in the rear axle shafts i think... add it to my order. haha..

more updates..
    I got my shocks mounted and im liking how it looks.. hopefully when I get my parts in I will get a vid up showing the bar in action.

I also lowered the rear about .5" to get the bar a bit closer to the ground, and I lowered the front all the way.. (about 1"). I lose pretty much all of my downward susp. travel, but this should help me on acceleration because when the weight of the car transfers under acceleration, the front of the car will want to lift. The shock now has a ton of upward travel, allowing the cars front end to lift a significant amount. This not only puts more weight on the rear tires, but it also allows the front tires to stay planted on the ground... sinc it is 4wd this will mean better acceleration. I will have to trim the body a bit more though...it rubs now when the wheels turn.

Before

After

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wurJMeCx9_E&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sweet Wheely bar!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very nice! I like the shocks on the wheelie bar idea.

Regarding the paint - did you use a standard red polycarb paint, and then backed it with VHT Nightshades (like for tinting automotive reflectors, etc) after the red dried? Excellent effect.
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg | Jrx2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's a very cool wheelie bar!!!
    !!!Bash Like There\'\'s No Repair Bills!!!