Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

Old 04-09-2011, 02:37 AM
pcnewman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

Old 05-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Kee Leong

Default RE: Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

I am assuming you're referring to the Redcat volcano, right? I'm too interested to know if there's any direct fit engine replacements (lessen the hassle of mountings), obviously with an engine which has higher torque and horsepower.
any suggestions besides the Vertex VX18? I want more raw engine power, but not the hassle...
Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 AM
pcnewman

Default RE: Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

Almost a DIRECT SWAP. I did it in a Caldera. Had to make some thin shims to go between engine and mounts so the OS pull start (slightly bigger than SH) would chear the upper chassis. OS .18 comes with shims for this but in my case they were to thick. Also had to cut 2 threads off crank shaft to use SH clutch bell assembly. Happy with results.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Scooter B

I would be carful.  IMO the engine is the best part of any redcat.  The stock drivetrain can not hold up to the stock SH engine, I would not add more power, it will shred the rest of the car/truck for sure.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
monnette

My HSP savagery aka redcat racing landslide LT comes with a GO .26 engine. drivetrains holding up so far
Almost on my first gallon.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:15 AM
wilfredes

Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.