Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HPI Savage 4.6 or AE MGT 8.0 if given the choice?

I am looking for some suggestions and advice on what truck I should get. Irecently had a used MGT 8.0 and Iloved it. A couple weeks ago I was running it and the connection rod broke and ruined the piston and sleeve. Because of my impatients I traded it for a T-Maxx that is in brand new condition, like it just came out of the box. The problem is i hate it! After having the 1/8th the 1/10th Traxxas is like a toy. Anyways I've saved some money and am going to buy a new 1/8th monster. I'm between the HPIand the AE. The only reason I am thinking about the HPI is that there seems to be alot more hop ups and accesories available. So if someone stuck a Savage anda MGT 8.0 both in boxes in front of you and you had to pick one, which would it be? So if you can, please let me know which one I should pick and why.
    thanks,
    ben

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HPI Savage 4.6 or AE MGT 8.0 if given the choice?

I have had both Savages and the MGT 8.0 the MGT is much more reliable and durable than the Savage. The AE engine was also one of the easiest RTR engines to tune I have run. There are more hopups for the savage but the MGT doesn't any to be reliable. If someone offered me one or the other I would take the MGT 8.0 without a second thought hands down!Theres my .02

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Losi XXL.

Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good thread, I always like them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have looked at the losi xxl online. it seems to be the ultimate rc truck. it has everything you could ever want already on it out of the box. only problem is $$$. but i guess if you go for the savage and then add the 3 speed tranny, reverse module and a 3 channel rx/tx you are probably beyond the price of the losi xxl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The savage already comes with a 3 speed tranny and 3 chan remote not that i could figure out how the 3 chan could be controlled. Me i would take the savage the frame is super strong since everything bolts between the 2 frames... I had no real issues tuning mine even though i had a major air leak since previous owner did not take care of it.. I have hit things head on and pulled it away and still drove with no breakage
    ORIGINAL: benbishop98

i have looked at the losi xxl online. it seems to be the ultimate rc truck. it has everything you could ever want already on it out of the box. only problem is $$$. but i guess if you go for the savage and then add the 3 speed tranny, reverse module and a 3 channel rx/tx you are probably beyond the price of the losi xxl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My vote definately goes to the savage, far superior design for straight up strength.
    oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers!-savagex,-savagexl,-savageflux,-revo3.3,-tmaxx3.3,-losi aftershock ltd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1
    Its me is that you?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love this review I really love it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've had two savages and three MGT's. The Savages are tougher than the MGT's by a decent bit. The MGT is a little easier to work on, especially if you are changing the gearing or something of that nature. I really like the 4.6 engine on the MGT's, but the 4.6 on the savages is good too. Id probably go with the savage since I have had such good luck out of mine, but really either one is good. The Losi's are good trucks as well...
    - Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i can't seem to find a store online that carries a lot of losi products. the ones that i have looked at, amain hobbies and horizon hobbies, are both out of stock on the losi. i would love to buy one at a lhs. living in ne ohio you wouldn't think it would be much ofa problem finding a hobby shop. There are two that i am right in the middle of. one about 35 minutes to the east and the other 35 minutes to the west. the first on i mentioned is a hobbytown usa so i don't know if that really countsas a lhs. so if anyone knows of any other good online retailers that carry losi products and seems pretty reliable please let me know. even though my originl post was between the savage and the mgt, i am falling in love with the losi xxl after reading many reviews and watching clips on youtube. so if you have any suggestions about quality online losi retailers please let me know.
    thanks again,
    ben

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

www.overdriverc.com. And ebay has tons of stuff, cheap..
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.