Just saw these on eBay,

Was thinking it was a mt4 brushless truck until I looked at the pics,

Looks like an all new chassis and suspension setup with lay flat shocks etc,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thunder-Ti...item5aec296c8c
Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New brushless eMTA truck?

Heard about that a while back.. Seen the vids too. Looks pretty cool..., for an electric flashlight thing..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sov6u4AQarU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT9gNtHXkq4[/youtube]
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Heard about that a while back.. Seen the vids too. Looks pretty cool..., for an electric flashlight thing..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sov6u4AQarU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT9gNtHXkq4[/youtube]
electric flashlight thing?....huh?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 PM
sparky 25

Yea,
that's what he thinks of brushless power,

Yet he doesn't own any brushless vehicles

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM
steed2-inactive

hahaha, and chinese crappy brushless system would hand any modded nitro its ass and them some, and thats the low quality systems, not to mention the upper level castle/tekin etc. I love nitro, but the constant little shot at people who run electric from you is getting old fast, why do you care about others running electric? just wondering why it would bother you so much? I think most people run them both.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
HerrSavage

I hate electric on principle(and the couple times in reality that I wasted money on them..), but I'm getting one soon. Just to mess around with in winter at the park up the road where there are too many people to run nitro.

I have more obstacles to running nitro than most, and I still consider it far, far more fun than electric could ever be. Of course others can run whatever they want. My comments in the past have been mostly in response to the kind of trash-talking ("and chinese crappy brushless system would hand any modded nitro its ass and them some".. ) posted above. I don't care if electric gets so fast it teleports; it will always be soulless and nerdy and boring compared to nitro.

In my opinion of course........
Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 PM
sparky 25

In my opinion nitro is boring and slow= not too exciting

I like nitro but having run brushless I won't waste my time with nitro anymore,

What electric vehicle did you have that made you feel nerdy and bored?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM
HerrSavage

Years ago I got an E-zilla.. Yeah yeah - not the power or speed of brushless.. But it wasn't about power or speed. It was about exhileration, and you can't have that without the sound of a screaming engine. Like comparing a Prius to a classic muscle car. If the muscle car just went "wooossshhhh", it wouldn't be cool. Anyway, I'll never forget the winter day I went out to the park, with snow everywhere, with my €500 (with batteries) E-zilla, and was just standing there, as it whished around. I felt like such a dork.., with some overpriced plastic little toy. With nitros, when I go to the park I get a totally different thrill - and so obviously do lots of other people who stop to watch, come up to ask about it, etc..

I also notice this at buggy and truggy races. More and more SC races have been mixed in - and lacking sound, it is as dorky and clunky and absurd as it gets afaic..

Then I had a Mini Revo VXL. It was snappier, even on nimh, but again, being Traxxas, it was clearly a money pit needing lots of mods. I wasn't prepared to invest more into something that just went "woosh". So I sold it..

This time I think I'm going to try an SC10... Seems like you can get a new RTR one for not too much money, and unlike the Mini Revo, I could run it on a track between my real RC's here and there.... Mostly though I just want to cruise around in the public park near where I live. You could never run nitro there.

Nitro for me is like a real motor sport, but in mini, in size as well as in budget. Electric is a toy. Saying that not to talk trash - just how I see it.. Electric for me could never be exhilerating like nitro is. It's not just about speed. Some day we'll probably all be whooshing around in electric whatevers. But they'll never be as cool as an old Chevelle or GTO with that wicked engine sound..
Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
steed2-inactive

I definitely respect your opinion I just always wondered why you really disliked them. To each their own. I prefer nitro if I had to choose but still love electric.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

So I'm a nerd who enjoys playing with soulless boring toys? Darn it, here I was thinking I was the coolest guy on earth, running the most exciting thing on four wheels. I guess I'll have to stop wearing my Ray Ban Aviators while I'm at the track.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 PM
HerrSavage

....and pocket pen protector with mini screwdriver set. I heard all electric cars come with those now.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

For sure to each it's own.... Lol...I personally like both.. Prefer electric cause everything seems more precise to me, As for the nitro crowd there like the old school gearheads of the hobby..lol....like the redneck in your neighborhood always in the garage tinkering with his jacked up chevy or ford whatever....Revving the piss outta it half the day..lol cause it sounds cool....Absolutely mean no offense to this as I was all about nitro when I first started RC....Just for a laugh....my first RC was a 2.5 revo..and it lasted me a week cause I had no clue how to tune the damn thing, Tho I can now..

just my 2
Old 02-01-2013, 12:20 PM
HerrSavage

Poor analogy - nitro is not about tinkering. At least for me. It's about running them at WOT and having fun with them - no tinkering involved. I hate tinkering.

Just sayin'..

Anybody got the E-MTA btw, or planning to get it?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i like the realistic sound of the nitro ,the main reason i got into rc ..then i was able to buy 5th scales and a brushless rc8e..now i just got a lst2 from a trade and i think im starting to like nitro again!