Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MegaForce Carb settings???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 11:55 PM
ShootPaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MegaForce Carb settings???

Just recently picked up a well used MegaForce in a trade.
I am trying to get it back in running condition.
I have had to replace the steering servo, gas lines, chassis braces, quick start gears. I also reqired it to use the easy start box from my T-Maxx. My only problem is I have yet to get the engine to turn over.

It seems to have good compression, engine cranks fine and even appears to draw fuel into the carb, but still no life in the engine at this point.

my Max was the same way until I talked with the local RC shop and they gave me a setup to try with my Max and now it runs sweet.

I was wondering if someone could give me details on how to adjust the carb or point me to a site that has this information.

I have looked on Kyosho's site but have not been able to fine what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:02 PM
ShootPaint

Default RE: MegaForce Carb settings???

How about a owners group of something like this if no one has any info for me.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Sigmun

Hello I have a megaforce.

My carb settings are about 7/8th of a turn out, and don't worry it's not a mistake. In contrast with other engine's settings which are something like 2 1/2 turns, 3 turns......1 turn out is about the richest setting you can go for the kyosho GS15R. The engine should run around 3/4 turn to 1 turn out from closed postition. But i don't know what happened this engine can barely hual my truck.........lol you can blame it on my inexperience I think i did not run it in properly.

Hope that helps
Old 09-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Sigmun

Oh yeah those settings are what most people running the megaforce are using, do you have the manual?