Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

gettin a tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 06:36 PM
MrSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gettin a tmaxx

hey guys, i am thinkin about gettin a tmaxx and i wanna kno some pros and cons on it, i don't need any comparison of the savage just pros and cons and other stuff bout the tmaxx. everyone says it isn'tdurable but it looks to be more durable than a rustler, my friend has a rustler 2.5 and its been real durable so far, so any help would be great. my rc10gt just isn't doin it for me right now so I NEED AN MT.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:44 PM
POJack

Default RE: gettin a tmaxx

Don't do it man! I have both...get a savage....This of course is just my opinion. But if you read other peoples posts that have both, they will confirm this. The savage is a much better truck.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:49 PM
gHeTTo_SaVaGe

i have had 2 savages and ordered my first tmaxx to see how it performs... its good to try different rc's
Old 09-14-2003, 08:25 PM
MrSavage

well if i got a sav, i would get the 25...which is only a few dollas more expensive, hopefully these will actually come out in october. why do you say that sav is btter? jus more durable?
Old 09-14-2003, 08:36 PM
MrSavage

i still like the 2.5 tmaxx better tho, a lot of people say its not durable, but then why was it truck of the year, whyy does my lhs have like 50 of them and why does every other person have one if they aren't very good?
Old 09-14-2003, 09:53 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i think the downside is the engine tuning..but u can always change engine...and also weak arms and bulk heads
Old 09-15-2003, 01:02 AM
migueloo

everyone has a t-maxx because the magazines say that it performs good, but it doen't say that it will break on every little stupid crash. i got a t-maxx because it was the truck of the year in rcca. but now i regret buying it. i don't want to put like $500 to make the truck durable. i would rather use the money to buy a savage ss, which i am going to do. LHS carry a lot of t-maxx because t-maxx = more broken parts = more money to LHS
Old 09-15-2003, 06:15 PM
MrSavage

well the i would want a sav 25 but its a lil more expensive and i dont need reverse but i like that on the tmaxx but isn't a big deal. well if i got a tmaxx it would just be going off little jumpos, through grass and a consturciotions site so would i break much sutff then?
Old 09-15-2003, 06:34 PM
MrSavage

i mean shouldn't it be jsut as durable asmy friends rustler because they both use traxxas parts?
Old 09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
SavageRCRacer
My Feedback: (2)

Don't let everyone fool you. The t-maxx is more durable than everyone tries to make it out to be. I have had a T-maxx, Savage, and a Dominator. I like the Dominator the most but I have a Savage now. (Looking for a Dominator.) But between the maxx and the Savage.....I prefer the Savage (mostly because of the .21) I do think that the maxx handled corners better but the Savage handles the jumps better. Alot of this arguing is because people buy them to race and dont know how to set up the truck. But for bashing....I would prefer the Savage. Your best bet is to check your local hobby shop and see what they carry the most of. If you break and have to order....it will be at least a week before you get your parts. No matter which one you get it WILL BREAK.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:21 PM
MrSavage

aight thanks, my lhs carries traxxas OUT THE FRIGGIN BUTT, man the have so much traxxas crap and i kno they carry savages but i'm not sure if they carry many parts for them i am still likin the tmaxx better and i really dont think the sav 25 will be out anytime soon.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:49 PM
POJack

everyone has a t-maxx because the magazines say that it performs good, but it doen't say that it will break on every little stupid crash. i got a t-maxx because it was the truck of the year in rcca. but now i regret buying it. i don't want to put like $500 to make the truck durable. i would rather use the money to buy a savage ss, which i am going to do. LHS carry a lot of t-maxx because t-maxx = more broken parts = more money to LHS
He hit the nail on the head. You can't believe a word these magazines say. They base their "expert opinion" on which company (traxxas) spends the most money to advertise in their magazines. Next time you see an rc monster truck magazine, or any rc magazine for that matter, look at how many advertisements the t-maxx has in the magazine. Also, the parts are in the LHS's because people are breaking the t-maxx ALL THE TIME. Do you really think that the LHS's are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts? Their doing it because they make so much money in replacement parts for the t-maxx. Do what you want to do, just don't say I didn't tell you so. That is, if you can even keep that crappy 2.5 engine running.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:45 PM
MrSavage

well i understand calling the trx 2.5 crappy bc i didnt like it at first but after my friend broke his in or after 3/4 of a gallon it started runnin great, giving no problems so it just takes some time to get it runnin right then it is awesome, come on, the tmaxx has to be more durable than a rustler and a rustler is pretty dang durable
Old 09-16-2003, 10:39 PM
migueloo

its all good until you crash... at like 10mph and break a fuel tank, slipper clutch, and engine mounts. this things are supposed to be tough. i crashed my r40 going 25+ into a curb and only broke a rear arm. i think a monster truck is supposed to be more durable than an onroad car.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Aterlatus

I crashed my CEN TR4 at WOT into a kerb (long story - transmitter was stuffed so when you put on the brakes, it threw them on then decided it'd reverse direction opening the throttle - car's going a bit fast, slow down a touch. Car speeds up! Slam the brakes on - before you know it, WOT) and it didn't directly break ANYTHING.

Made for some nice cartwheels though

However, I've noticed that more parts than would reasonably be expected are being damaged in minor incidents over the few weeks following that accident. Beware when it appears there's no damage, there can be stuff hidden away, lurking for next time you flip, or drive near a lake
Old 09-17-2003, 01:36 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

if u realy like the maxx get it ..follow what u want..but dont forget..WE TOLD U SO!!
Old 09-17-2003, 07:01 PM
MrSavage

aight, aight lol i will look more in to the sav 25 but i've heard it has major problems stripping wheel and that the rotostart can screw up somthin ine the engine? well i really hate upll start cause it still takes me 40 pulls to get my gt runnin and it has almost a gallon through it. so i would like the roto start but i dont wanna screw up the engine other than this the savage does seem better. i hope it actually comes out in october like they say though!! any help??
Old 09-17-2003, 07:31 PM
maseeh
My Feedback: (1)

I would go with the Tmaxx, i have one, havent had any problems with it so far, its a very cool truck, pretty durable if you ask me, i got the picco 15 engine in there, its a cool truck, i would say get it....... [sm=lol.gif]
Old 09-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Havok2112

Come on guys be reasonable here. Yes the Savage has a 21 in it. But don't forget that the T-Maxx is allot lighter then the savage meaning the weight and power ratio equals out between the two. Plus it all comes down to how your drive your truck. Of coarse somethings going to break going full wot and hit a high jump and land wrong, I don't care what truck you have. I race allot and lot of the time Savage's bend the shocks. Where T-maxxes break the A-arms. So either way I seen just about every monster truck out there break something. I seen allot of video's on the net, and half the stuff they do to there trucks I would never do, unless you like buying parts every time you try to see just how high you can get the truck in the air. Think about it you wouldn't try to jump your real truck 12 or 15 foot in the air cause you know you would go home walking. These are scaled down models weighing about 10 or 13 pounds give or take going about 40 made of plastic and aluminum yes there going to break on that sudden stop (example) curb. My opinion is go with what you want more. Not some guy saying the T-maxx sucks cause it broke on the curb or the engine is junk cause it wont run right. 90% of the time it's not running, Is human error not the truck
Old 11-28-2004, 01:43 AM
batty

thats so true
Old 11-28-2004, 02:37 AM
bkmademedoit

what logical reason could there be for digging this thread up? both trucks discussed have been replaced already.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:19 AM
paulangelo

They may be replaced but they are still out there. In fact, I'm getting a older tmaxx. just waiting for it to arrive. So any information (old or new) is good information.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Skagen

I recently bought the T-Maxx from a friend who needed money. I also have the Terra Crusher which is a great truck. Overall, I think the T-Maxx is a lot of fun. I do have some aliminum parts on the T-Maxx so it is more durable than stock, but I do think the T-Maxx could be built a little bit stronger. Getting parts for the T-Maxx is easy so that's a plus. It's a cool truck and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Tyler24

what the hell lol i started reading the thread and was wondering why they were talking about this.. then i look at the date and decided not too read... why is this super old thread started again
Old 11-29-2004, 04:16 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

well why a tmaxx? there getting old and outdated. if i were you and looking in the line of tring new things i would look at the revo. its pretty sweet truck, theres tons of them to look at, at me LHS. so mr savage is gonna become mr tmaxx??....just seeing what it sound like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.