Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Lookin to get a Savage

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Rook03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin to get a Savage

I'm really interested in the Savage SS. I've read all about 'em and all about the T-Maxx and decided that the Savage is the way to go. Currently I have an old Traxxas Rustler that I got off a friend for real cheap. Its in good condition and I know how to tune it to get it runnin real good. Its all stock but loads of fun. I just started college so I'm a little tight on money and I was wonderin if anyone knew how much I could get for my Rustler at my LHS, or would I stand a better chance tryin to sell it on Ebay or somethin like that.
Any way to cut a little cabbage off the SS would be a big help for me. Any input would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more info or anything let me know.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Aterlatus

Default RE: Lookin to get a Savage

I'm guessing you'd make more selling it on eBay. Your LHS will want to make their own profit when they sell it on, so will most likely offer you quite a low comparitive figure...

How about getting your LHS to give you a quote, and setting that as the reserve price on eBay? That way, if it doesn't sell there (or gets a lower price), you know you can take it to your LHS instead. Take a look at similar cars on eBay first though, so you can buy yourself some haggling space with the LHS.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Rook03

Well I checked out Ebay and there were only a couple other Rustlers on there, sellin for about 100 bucks, thats kinda what I expected to get for it. That would get me a decent radio I guess. I just dont know if I can fork out the cash for a SS, I have the money but down the road I'll need it and then I'll be screwed. Quite the predicament I've got . I'll have to go check out my LHS next time I'm home and see whats up there, I would rather get a truck from there than have it shipped, just a preference but I dont even know if they have HPI stuff there, its been a while since I was there last. Alright, I'm guessin you dont really care about my finacial problems hahaha so I'll leave it at that. If anyone comes up with a great idea, feel free to let me know about it. Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Aterlatus

Meh, financial problems affect us all mate, part of the hobby

I ordered my savage ss earlier today, let Mr "BarclayCard" take car of that one for me