Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mgt 8.0 E-Conversion

Just curious if anyone has done an E-conversion on an MGT8.0 & if so is there any tips u have as I have done one!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Mgt 8.0 E-Conversion

I just finished mine, luckily enough I had some parts and it was pretty cheap, but you need to buy a forward conversion kit, so you can get forward and reverse...it runs pretty good..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya i finished mine awhile back & have been trying to upload pics of it but can't seem to be able to make the original pics smaller to do it. What kind of Motor/ESC combo are you using, i'm using a HPI Q-Base system, 2350kv motor & 2x2s Lipo. Was silly stupid before but now that i have it electric it's the most crazy toy i have ever owned lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I also put the foc in, removed the 1st gear & locked the tranny into second gear.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am running a 4 cell lipo system with an 80A xerun esc, as a motor I have a 2200KV 540L motor.. the setup is not that big, however I do not want it to be as powerful as my Mad beast, I want it more for like speed than bashing... I also locked the transmision on second gear, I never had an MGT before so I am not sure if my transmission is a 4.6 or a 8.0... the forward kit I ordered was for an 8.0 and it fit, So I assume it is a 8.0, I will try to upload some pictures soon.. How is yours holding up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Other than cooking my ESC today lol it's doing wicked! Is your spur gear on your tranny  Steel or Nylon Plastic? If it is steel then ya it's a 8.0 tranny as the 4.6 spur gear is the nylon plastic one & wont work on the 8.0 one. I did whenthe truck was still nitro seem to go through bevel gears alot but now ive had the same ones for about 3 months now. Have extra on hand just in case though. Also today i made a T-maxx steel roll cage fit & work on my truck! If you pm me with your email address ill send ya some pics of my conversion from start to finsh.