Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cen mt2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:33 PM
snowbrules3-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen mt2 problems

this truck has taken off on me twice now for no reason and ruined stuffthen it hit a steel mailbox and then a concrete step. It has ruined the front lower plate twice the drive shaft twice and now the mounts for my foam bumper kit.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:52 PM
petrolpixie

Default RE: cen mt2 problems

are you using the original radio that came with the mt2?
Old 09-17-2003, 05:58 PM
snowbrules3-RCU

yea it sux, my new jr's came today
Old 09-17-2003, 06:12 PM
petrolpixie

then the problem is more then likely the transmitter.
a batch of the cen cars came with faulty transmitters. your new radio should fix this problem
Old 09-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Aterlatus

'Yeah, I got a CEN TR4 over here in the UK with a Dash Saber transmitter, and that was dodgy

When you threw the brakes on, the servo would do as you told it then slowly start reversing direction, opening the throttle.

Sounds quite like the problem you've had methinks...
Old 09-17-2003, 06:22 PM
petrolpixie

radio gear isnt cens strongest part. the only problem i have had was the reciever freaked out and died. i already knew about the transmitter problem so i didnt use it. (i already had one of those 10 model memory ones anyway)
Old 09-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Aterlatus

Well my problem wasn't really CENs fault - they ship them into this country without radios, then it's up to the distributors to pick an appropriate one. What a surprise, they went for a £40 kit
Old 09-17-2003, 07:53 PM
snowbrules3-RCU

all i know is that ive spent alot oh money.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:43 PM
auto2

Default my radio is just as wonderful

nothing like a radio with a 50 foot range hooked up to a car that doesn't even shift into second gear till 30 MPH!
Mine is broke also.:-( took out the shock and the lft ft axle and maybe the diff.

my transmitter now won't reverse the servo brake is "go" and gas is "stop"

come on CEN make us all a deal:-) trade the radio for a few hot rod parts:-)
Old 09-17-2003, 09:21 PM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello all,

I have a Mirage III with my CEN FunFactor ATX, and I think I have been lucky so far (Touch Wood!!)

If the problem is due to the faulty transmitter, may be I just use my old Futube instead.

Does this problem only occur on MT2? As for the second gear, I am still waiting for the engine to be run-in properly before trying to a get it to shift.

Sorry to hear your horror stories.[&o]

Normanski
Old 09-18-2003, 06:05 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

I have a MT2 and so far have had no problems with the radio/transmitter. (knock on wood also) It has plenty of range to shift and everything. It must have just been a bad batch in there somewhere
Old 09-18-2003, 06:27 AM
Aterlatus

Default RE: my radio is just as wonderful

my transmitter now won't reverse the servo brake is "go" and gas is "stop"
There'll be a switch on your transmitter somewhere to reverse the servos - give it a click

If you can't find it, post your transmitter model and I'll try and find out where it is for you.

For reference though peeps, if you're having trouble in the US with your transmitters, try giving CEN a call (their number is on http://www.cenracing.com). When I was having problems, a very knowledgeable guy talked me through several possible solutions but hit a stumbling block when we got to the transmitter - it's different that the one CEN supply over there so he didn't know it...

Worth a shot
Old 09-18-2003, 05:59 PM
smitty70
My Feedback: (5)

snowbrules3-RCU, the same thing happened to me on the second tank. With the engine off it worked fine but as soon as I started the engine it would go full throttle. So it is something wrong with the receiver. I sent it back and they replaced it but now my TX will not do anything. Cen better get a better radio or they are going to lose customers.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:52 PM
auto2

Default RE: my radio is just as wonderful

yes I know about the 2 switches. one works and one doesn't.

CEN suggested I mail it back to them.( which I will do)
Old 09-27-2003, 06:13 PM
turkmt2

i had the same problem, what i found was that the antenna was disconnected from the receiver. i solder it back to the circuit board that fixed that problem
Old 09-27-2003, 06:36 PM
turkmt2

i need to replace the gears in my steering servo(it was the truck vs tree and the tree won) anyone know where i can get replacement gears.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:10 PM
auto2

might be just the excuse to by a better servo:-)
Old 10-07-2003, 03:43 PM
nitromacguyver

i say just get a whole new system for it even a tower hobbies brand is better that what the mt2 comes with. do it before you destroy the whole truck when it runs away from you
Old 11-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Nitro7-inactive

Default /

ever heard of failsafe???
Old 12-31-2003, 05:29 PM
jstuma

Default RE: /

Some of us are new to r/c.... what WILL a failsafe do? I just bought my son a CEN truck and it has run away twice, very expensive to repair!!! Servos are costly. I notified CEN via customer service on the net but have not heard back from them yet (yesterday). I have swapped crystals and put in new batterys but it still ran off just perhaps 50 feet from where we were driving it. Bad news.
Any help appreciated. [email protected]
Old 12-31-2003, 05:45 PM
mecky33

JS, a failsave is a little piece of electronics that goes between the receiver and the throttle servo. You set it so that it will return the thottle servo to a predetermined position when radio contact is lost. so if the transmitter die's or what not, it will return to full brake if you set it for that. Also, most failsafes come with a low battery cut out, which will save you from having a run away if your receiver die's. Also, I would talk to Cen about getting replacement parts for what ever broke due to the bad transmitter. I have dealt with them many times and I am sure that they would be more than happy to help. They will also replace your radio for you at no charge. If you have any more problems with your truck (which one?) let me know.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:29 AM
jstuma

Mecky33: Thanks for the info, I have ordered 2 failsafes, one for the CEN MT2 and one for the OFNA MBX buggy. I did contact CEN but have not heard from them, I will wait for the weekend to pass then check on Monday and follow up. I read about the transmitter problems and I am sure that is the problem. The MBX buggy has an Airtronics radio system and I will swap out the Xtal's and run it with the CEN MT2 and see what happens. The OFNA buggy has not had the problem. Just hope I don't crash the MT2 again, it is really taking a beating. JT
Old 01-03-2004, 11:44 AM
G1GY

Best failsafe IMO!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61114.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	87297  
Old 01-03-2004, 10:52 PM
mecky33

Jstuma, if your airtronics is an AM you can just run the same crystal that your Ofna is running. Or you can pull the crystal out of the Cen transmitter and put it in the airtronics. That way, you don't have to swap all the radio gear. Right now, I am running a cheap airtronics that a friend of mine had with the Cen crystal and the Cen reciever. It works just fine and I have yet to have any type of run away or radio problem. How many times have you crashed the MT2?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:33 PM
jstuma

The mt2 has crashed twice....not driver related. Broken servo and dif bell hub. I have installed the failsafe but am awaiting my upgrade Airtronics mx3 radio....I've had enough of the crash business. I am leaving nothing to chance. No response to my Customer Service inquiry to CEN. I guess they don't care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.