Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Getting Into Racing W/ A Maxx........

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Getting Into Racing W/ A Maxx........

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 11:29 PM
ToyoSupraR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Into Racing W/ A Maxx........

Hey Guys, I Have A Few Quick Questions. I Am Currently Selling My Tmaxx To Start Fresh W/ A 2.5 Maxx. I Would Also However Like To Get Into Racing, So My Question Is, Should I Buy A Sportmaxx Or A Tmaxx? Before Maxxtraxx.com Went Down, There Was Some Debate Over 4WD And 2WD And I Just Thought I Would Get You Guys Opinions. Also I Have Had Experiance W/ SM Parts (Fantastic Parts) And Was Wondering How They Compared To Dace And Other Top End Racing Companys. Thanks For Your Time And Replys, Alec
Old 09-21-2003, 12:39 AM
tjmaxx

Default RE: Getting Into Racing W/ A Maxx........

I like the T-maxx better because oof the four wheel drive and the two speed transmission.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:54 AM
bigjdubb

If you get the sport maxx I suggest getting the 4wd addition. It is very hard to maintain control of the 2.5 with only 2wd. With most tracks the 2 speed isnt worth the cost, so you really dont need that. If you do get a t-maxx I you can remove reverse to gain some power and lose some weight. The extra rotating mass of the reverse gears makes for more drivetrain power loss. The only other things required would be good tires and steering servo. You will probably want to rebuild the shocks from Traxxas, they arent usually full and a bit heavier weight oil would help. As you start racing on a regular basis you will start to break things, axles and diff's were the first things to go on mine. Be prepared to get some CVD's and rebuild the diff's with robinson gears.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:26 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

go 4wheel drive that way u wont need to do extra work like if u get the 2wd....nothing is better than 4wheel drive imo
Old 09-21-2003, 10:16 AM
ToyoSupraR

Thanks Guys For Your Help. I Am Planning On Making It A Big Block With Ofna .21 8 Port. I Am Also Planning On Dropping A OTB INFINITY FOC In It If They Ever Decide To Be Released. Thanks Alec
Old 09-21-2003, 01:23 PM
flatlander_14

i talk to a guy who races a lightweight maxx with an rb concepts c12. trust me a big block is not necessary. i just bought the fantom fr18. and WOW it is insane! i wouldnt go big block. more weight, more space it takes up ont he track, less agile, etc. go for a fantom or sirio. its the best $180 ive spent on my maxx. oh yeah, get some good aluminum shocks too
Old 09-21-2003, 05:48 PM
bigjdubb

There really isnt any need for aluminum shocks, unless you just want to spend the money. The only big block truck that wins any races here is a hybrid (mutant Maxx). The big blocks have to much power for the Maxx on a race track. You have to feather so much you never even get to take advantage of it. If the traction is there the big block truck is awesome, but on a dirt track it isnt there.