Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone own a Warhead?

Old 12-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Mekong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own a Warhead?

I have my finger on the buy button, I just want to know before I click, how durable is this thing?

Thats probably my #1 concern!

How is the durablity compared to other MTs?

If you have never driven/owned a warhead please dont post.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:12 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Anyone own a Warhead

I posted this just because you said if you do not own a warhead then do not post, and I own no warhead. [:@]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Mekong

grow up
Old 12-11-2005, 09:43 PM
elite

I got a warhead...its got small issues...but its got alot of solid tough parts on it........
Old 12-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Mekong

Thanks

I notice it doesnt have metal skid plates, this is a big issue on my other rc (brushless stampede), do you find that your skids get destroyed quickly?

"its got small issues" - care to expand?

What gets broken the most on the truck?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:07 PM
FE_Chris

I was just pullin your chain, but comments like "don't post if you don't own" sound kinda snooty to me. lighten up dude, just having fun.[8D]

ORIGINAL: Mekong

grow up
Old 12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Haldir

I have a head but not a Warhead sorry.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 PM
FE_Chris

HAHAHAH!!!! SEE FUN!!!!!!! I'm glad some people still have a sence of humor......
ORIGINAL: Haldir

I have a head but not a Warhead sorry.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:38 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Mekong, my advice to you: Don't buy it if you are scared of it not being tough enough. A savage is very tough, and this has been proven a long time ago. This hasn't
Old 12-11-2005, 11:05 PM
elite

OK expanding now

So the diffs are tough as nails, the tranny while I havent torn it down seems solid as can be. The cvds and drive components are nice, the arms, carriers, etc are HUGE and beeeefy! Its got a good solid foundation - its also not like a savage with the sideplates. the bottom plates come off and the motor, fuel tank, tranny, and electronics as a whole all coome out fairly easily.

STEERING/MOTOR - problems Ive had so far.

Motor, the thing seems to run hot, even during breakin and thereafter. There is alot of fuel but the lines are good and the tank is sealed....Today finally though I realized the gasket on the header sucks and therefor its not sealing well and leaking. Also I think Im losing some compression and the higher temps then I want are coming from that which is an easy fix - the motor seems strong - but the local track is really short so I cant really tell for sure but 31mph seems sorta low IMO......who knows - others here say they are faster then revos. There is a guy posting that his son has a revo and the son drove the warhead and said you better watch out dad... so who knows really.....motorwise big blocks are so cheap and there are so many to chose from.....worst case ill replace. Ya not what you want to do on a new truck but its 400 bucks so , whatever if you want more power.....u need more motor IE my revo upgraded to an 18tm.

Steering - I broke the lower servo saver part - connected to the drag link. I think I have the saver set toooo lose, and its realllllly cold here in MI so the combo snapped it when I hit the wall at the track coming around the corner. I boiled the replacment and it seems fine. Lastly the tie rod ends are weak, its cold - but I think whats happening is that when in lower race mode the suspension/steering are more parellel to the ground and when the shocks compress - they sorta touch the draglink and knuckle part they attach to and flex or snap in cold weather. To me, this is just a matter of a updated tie rod end, or other brand that works better....thats all.

The truck handles amazingly well on the track - it steers fine for me.

Overall for a 400 dollar truck its great. Its got its downs - ya whatever, all trucks do. But I like it alot so far. Change diffs on a revo lol......people will find flaws.....Im gonna give it a fair chance though.

I AM BUMP STARTING THIS BABY - gotttta love that too

Take care - im here to answer questions about the DTX WH!
Old 12-11-2005, 11:07 PM
crazyotto

looking for a warhead ...??? are you a terrorist ???
Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Mekong

Can you use Tmaxx/savage tires on it?

I dont think I am gonna be tuning the motor to its breaking point, I dont race and just bash. I use my brushless pede to get beaten on, this nitro is gonna be too much $ to treat it too badly lol!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Haldir

ORIGINAL: crazyotto

looking for a warhead ...??? are you a terrorist ???
oh i get it lol
Old 12-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Wide Open

yep, you can use t-maxx and savage tires for it. i also own one and i also broke a tie rod link out by the wheel. just going to see if they come out with something a little better. my engine does seem to run a little warm, too, but its been settling down recently. and if i want a different engine, theres always the OS .30 VG! but so far im very happy with it.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:35 PM
elite

wide open..

same exact problems.......tie rod ends are to close and rub when suspension is set low and then compressed. I got some other DTX tir rod ends with tall hollow balls and I think that could help....

Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Wide Open

im sure theyll come out with an improved version of that part, and if i happen to break all of my replacements, ill buy that.
and exactly how do you seal the head, cause i noticed a little bit of oil coming from there also. its strange cause it has two head shims on it so youd think it would seal well.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
elite

my prob was the header gasket....its just doesnt seal well and I tried doubling gaskets and other brands. Talking to dtx about it, they service is pretty good over there, im sure we will get it worked out.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Wide Open

let me know what they say.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Mekong

Are there any roll bars / roll cages for the warhead yet? My biggest problem with my stampede is keeping the chassie from getting destroyed when I flip it...
Old 12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
elite

side praces are 1/8th thick they wont flex at all....rollbar will its a ittle thinner though.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Mekong

Is there any after market parts?
Old 12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
spacoli

Hey its good to here something about the Warhead. I'm new to the RC truck thing and I'm trying to decide between the Warhead and the Tmaxx. Mt LHS has the Warhead now for $370 seems to be a very good price. I dropped $100. deposit off to him and asked him to get a Tmaxx in so I could check it out. I told him I would be buying one or the other. I'm undecided as of now, with the Warhead being new and the Tmaxx having a good track record with allot of happy costomer. I like the the looks of the Warhead, seams to be well thought out and constructed.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Wide Open

either one will be a good truck. just keep in mind that the warhead is definatly a very new truck and there are some things that look like the company will improve on, (seal around the head for instance) but i dont think it really takes away from the overall quality of the truck.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:41 PM
elite

Ive bought many new release vehicles and once these little things get worked out - this things gonna be a tank.

BTW the warheads that are out there are "sneak peaks" to dealers, so I think they are doing this to get feedback from the few that get them - the finals that people get may have these fixes all worked out when they get them - IE tower fills orders....

Old 12-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Wide Open

so what your saying is that my warhead is just a mere prototype??? i better be able to get the final version parts for it.
[EDIT] for a prototype its pretty cool

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.