Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

savage xs steering servo issues

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage xs steering servo issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
jnutta6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question savage xs steering servo issues

so i just recently bought my first RC car ever 3 weeks ago and ended up getting the savage xs flux so needless to say im a noob when it comes to this RC stuff, out of the box this thing was awesome so much fun and fast as can be running off a VENOM 2s 5000 40c lipo. started getting a little hard on the bashing ended up breaking my rear shock mount about 2 weeks ago replaced it with the spare from the parts the truck came with and very next day same thing. so i decided wat the heck start putting hopups on it. so started with all aluminum shocks, aluminum shock towers, aluminum front and rear steering knuckle hubs and as well as the c chanels on the front. so i figured ehh why not upgrade to the aluminum steering bellcrank linkage...got all the parts at the same time took my time putting everything on and striping out screws like im sure your figured a new guy would do. well ever since i changed all these parts i have went through 3 steering servos and cant figure out why. burnt out the stock one like the 2nd day of driving and friend of mine gave me a spare servo he had for his traxxas slash. put that thing on and that thing lasted a whole 5 minutes and destroyed that one. so i went to my local hobby shop and order the hpi SF-50WP Servo Waterproof/12.0kg-cm6.0V HPI105366 last week which i will pick up in 2 days but i wanted to drive the truck again so had also bought one of theres they had instock which was a JRSPORT nothing fancy it was only $17 just wanted something to hold me off till the new hpi servo came in. installed the JRSPORT saturday and the truck ran and turned like it did when i took it out of the box not one issue besides the stupid front upper arms popping off or just falling apart on me all together besides that the truck ran fine. took it out tonight and burned through the steering servo again in 5 mins.

can anyone please give me some info if you can think of anything as to why this keeps happening? i dont want to put this $70 hpi servo on and burn it out within 5 mins. ive looked over everything for correct installation everytime and everything seems top notch my buddy (who's been doin this RC thing for years) even looked it over and said everything was installed correctly. so i dont know what could be wrong with it.

disassembled all 3 steering servos and everytime all there gears were in good shape so its something actually going bad in the servos itself i know its not a water issue because the stock is supposedly "waterproof" the second 2 were both JRSPORTS not waterproof but didnt see any water in the 3 days i may have had the truck working.

can someone please help me out and possibly spread some light on this issue before i through a $70 servo in the trash in a few days or do you just reccomend going back to the stock plastic steering bellcrank?
Old 01-22-2014, 06:14 PM
-SomeGuy-

First of all you should be posting this in the savage section, you'll get more replies there: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-...uck-forum-250/

I can only think of two possible things. First is the extra load on the servo from all the alloy parts (which are not really needed on a savage except for a few select parts) or maybe a problem with the receiver, something is shorting out the servo but not each time. Do you or your friend have an extra one just to test that out? Then again its a flux and I know nothing about these so maybe someone with more flux knowledge can chime in here, Im a nitro savage guy only.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:38 AM
jnutta6

sorry about posting this up in the wrong section of the forum new to all of this stuff so just kinda went with the first thing i saw ill try posting this up in the spot you said about and see if anyone can get me a little more help. thank tho
Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
-SomeGuy-

Its not the wrong section, just a general section for those who dont have a sub forum. Since savage has a sub forum you have better chances of getting info there, thats all. I usually dont look here but was curious for once.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:44 AM
jnutta6

alright thanks i appreciate the heads up