Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

kyosho twin force spirit

I just got a Kyosho twin force spirit roller off ebay.

Im hoping in this forum to find some other Force owners.

I plan to try and use a 540 sized 3900kv brushless motor on either 2s or 3s. The goal is to get 25-30mph without high motor temps or having to use 2 battery packs.

Since mine was a brushed truck, I am wondering if I should upgrade the diffs right away? This is only my second Kyosho, the first being an old kyosho 4wd buggy. that wasn't anything special. The twin force on the other hand is a pretty unique MT. Not only does it have the chain drive, but the one way center diff bearing that makes braking and reverse just RWD. Not to mention the unique suspension setup.

Issues Id like help with:
    what diffs are available that are an upgrade over stock?

what bodies fit? Im thinking first gen emaxx size?

My front tires will rub the suspension links....I have to set my steering rate to 60%! Is there a way to fix this....is there a way to widen the track?

What parts are most likely to break!!! I know getting parts can be harder than with other brands...so I would like to stock up on a few parts that are most likely to break.

Any one on here do a single brushless conversion on their twin force (1/10 scale system)? If so, what KV was the motor and what size pinion gear did you use?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5466.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	2003584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5464.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	2003585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5468.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	263.0 KB 
ID:	2003586
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Put a single 550 SC system on it from castle, it will push it. Also my mad force nitro rubs on the links too, Just ignore it so long as your endpoints are ok.

These trucks are heaps of fun!
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)