Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What to look for when buying a used Revo 3.3?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What to look for when buying a used Revo 3.3?

Old 01-01-2015, 06:00 PM
imq707s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What to look for when buying a used Revo 3.3?

I've been out of the RC Nitro Trucks world for several years, but I've decided to get back into it. Like most people, I want to try and save money if I can.......so I've been looking at all of the used Revo 3.3's on ebay. There are lots of them on there....it seems like the "buy it now" prices on most of them are anywhere from $300-$400. Sure, there are some on there for less, but most of those look to be a mix match of older parts with newer parts, and they all look pretty rough and beat up.

When looking for a used Revo 3.3 (or any nitro monster truck for that matter), what should you look for to make sure you are not just buying someone elses problem? I was burned in the past buying a T-Maxx.....it looked great, but after I got it and started digging into it, I quickly realized that I should have just spent the extra money on a new one. The motor didn't want to run right even after trying getting it tuned right, all the screws were stripped out, everything was just junk.

What's your take on buying used Nitro trucks? Is it worth it to save $200-$300 over a brand new one? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2015, 06:47 PM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by imq707s
I've been out of the RC Nitro Trucks world for several years, but I've decided to get back into it. Like most people, I want to try and save money if I can.......so I've been looking at all of the used Revo 3.3's on ebay. There are lots of them on there....it seems like the "buy it now" prices on most of them are anywhere from $300-$400. Sure, there are some on there for less, but most of those look to be a mix match of older parts with newer parts, and they all look pretty rough and beat up.

When looking for a used Revo 3.3 (or any nitro monster truck for that matter), what should you look for to make sure you are not just buying someone elses problem? I was burned in the past buying a T-Maxx.....it looked great, but after I got it and started digging into it, I quickly realized that I should have just spent the extra money on a new one. The motor didn't want to run right even after trying getting it tuned right, all the screws were stripped out, everything was just junk.

What's your take on buying used Nitro trucks? Is it worth it to save $200-$300 over a brand new one? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
First of all,It is not really a good idea to buy a used nitro engine!However,If there is a decent looking truck out there that
looks to have some new mod parts on it for a decent price,it doesnt hurt to buy it,an upgrade with a new engine.

One of the problems buying a truck where the owner had put tons of money into upgrades is,they will always
expect to try to recoupe most of their money back.
Ive been on ebay an seen where they claimed that they put big bucks of upgrades into the truck,but when I look at
their pics,All I see is on them is stock parts.So be weary of that!

You might be better off buying a new one,then that way you get the paperwork,manual,warranties,an most of all
a sense of security...Or if there is someone on a rc forum that has one up for sale that keeps up the proper maintnance
on one,would be an option...
Old 01-01-2015, 10:05 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

When buying a used nitro RC car, even if the engine "only has 2 tanks on it", always count the engine as salvage.