Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

cen gst 7.7 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:08 PM
tanner5670

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen gst 7.7 help

Hello, I've got a problem with a loose screw which I can get to. I cant get the chrome piece off to get to the other gear which is loose. Anybody know how to get this of. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150317_205751.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	2082205  
Old 03-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That piece is a one way bearing. If you turn it in one direction it's should spin freely on the shaft. Turn it the other direction and it locks onto the shaft. Put an Allen key through the hole in the shaft and try turning the one way bearing (OWB) to find which direction it doesn't lock itself to the shaft. Spin the OWB in that direction before trying to remove it and keep turning it that direction a little bit while trying to remove it. If the OWB won't spin freely in either direction then you're going to need to force it off somehow.

Page 8 and 9 of the manual show how everything goes together. The manual shows a "T bolt" that's supposed to hold everything o. The shaft but I don't see one in your pics.

http://www.cenracing.com/cars/manual/9508-GST.pdf

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 03-18-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:44 PM
tanner5670

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you I will give it a try tomorrow.