Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Converting a Nitro MT to brushless

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Converting a Nitro MT to brushless

Old 12-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Pattertickle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting a Nitro MT to brushless

Hey RCuniverse, new to the hobby and I'm starting a new project and I'm hoping to get a little info on brushless setups. I have a huge (1:6 scale I think) SnapOn RC monster truck made by Smartech that I've been trying to restore, it's complete except the bad back plate. I've looked high and low for replacement parts but no luck, if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know, otherwise brushless conversion it is. I'm currently shopping for a brushless setup that will make this heavy truck very fast, Castle Creations being top of my list so far. I would like the truck to be fast but not so fast it's hard to control, anyone have any thoughts for a brushless setup and batteries? All input is very much appreciated and thank you in advance.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smartech made a few trucks for Snap on, does yours have chain drive? Does the engine have any markings on it? Che I under the exhaust pipe on the side of the crankcase.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Pattertickle

Yes the truck is chain driven, and has SMT on one side of the motor and 25C on the other

Last edited by Pattertickle; 12-21-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I assume 25c refers to the engine size, .25 being the size. A quick Google search shows an eBay link to a Smartech 25C auction that ended. That listing shows a Smartech 25c with a Force engines pull start. It's possible a Force backplate will fit the Smartech engine and possible Force could've made them for Smartech.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Pattertickle

Thanx so much, gonna do some research now