Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Stampede vxl 4x4 for the uninitiated

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Opinions on Stampede vxl 4x4 for the uninitiated

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 04:26 PM
yjay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Stampede vxl 4x4 for the uninitiated

I recently bought a 2wd Slash for my son and quickly did the lcg chassis and brushless kit on it. We really enjoy it and now I want something a little rowdier for myself. 4wd big tire brushless. I've looked at HPI and Thunder Tiger models, and really like the lower chassis type design, but have been really impressed with the Traxxas so far. For the money, the Stampede seems like a decent deal, but isn't a low type chassis, but the body and suspension can be lowered some. It will be used equally for bashing (big air, grass, dirt, pavement, snow) and on a really nice outdoor track here locally for fun, not competition, so track decent track handling is a definite plus. Durability and ease of repair are keys to me. Opinions on the Stampede or similar? I do like the availability of parts for Traxxas, and want to have parts available for years to come. Some other brands seem to discontinue models quite often.The E Revo looks super cool but is probably more than I need to deal with. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yjay; 01-27-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:05 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If handling is crucial then get the revo. You get the best of both a monster truck and a sct.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:17 PM
yjay

I know I have a long list of requirements that nothing will fill completely, except possibly the revo, but I'm not quite ready to step up to the plate like that cost wise. The reason I ask about the stampede is that I could aquire a gently used one for 3 something with controller and batteries so it is tempting. I really dig HPI Bullet Flux and even the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 but am leary of parts support in the future. Are these concerns valid?

Last edited by yjay; 01-27-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:29 AM
CapeTruckMan

HPI has been around forever, at least since the early 90's when I first got into r/c's so I would think parts would be available but you may not find a wide selection at your local hobby shop, online I'm sure you could. I personally have 2 Stampedes and have been quite pleased with them. Nearly every hobby shop I've been into in the last 5yrs or so has had tons of Traxxas parts and the upgrades and mods for the Stampede are endless. With some suspension tweaks and extended front end the Stampede handles pretty good for a monster truck.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:34 PM
yjay

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/110662
Opinions on this? I like the 1/10 scale as opposed to the larger 1/8 scale monster trucks, plus lcg. This is apparently the new version of this model. Kinda monster truck plus stadium truck, but I cannot find any reviews on it. None. I just know I won't be 100% happy without a low center of gravity. It was such a huge improvement on the Slash.

Last edited by yjay; 01-28-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:16 AM
yjay

Opinions on this one? Older Traxxas E Maxx. Novak brushless conversion. Would parts be available for this one for a good amount of time? Good deal?
The E Maxx(at least the new ones, seem to fit the bill. A little lower than the Stampede.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/tag/5426037791.html