Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

ECX Amp MT

Old 01-10-2019, 05:53 PM
vmabuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECX Amp MT

So I recently got this Amp MT as I get back into RC cars after selling all my nitro vehicles last year. This is my first electric hobby grade truck. I figured I would just play around a little before I committed to a better vehicle. Does anyone add weight to this truck? It sure is bouncy. I am sure I can find some softer springs but I was just curious of anyone ever added weight to the chassis.

I also just ordered a 7.4v 5000mah 35c lipo for this. I also got a set of three of the LHI brand low voltage buzzers because I assume I will need those with this ESC.

There do not seem to be many threads about this truck, at least after a quick search of the forums. Having fun with it anyway. I might just make it a real basher if I can find the proper parts for it. But as with anything, after I invest the money and time in it I might as well have bought a proper car LOL! Oh well, I guess tinkering is half the fun.

Anyone else play around with this model?
Old 02-21-2019, 10:12 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

it seems that electrix is kind of the Traxxas of back in the day, i have a buddy that has a ruckus, very similar to a stampede, it seems that the amp is similar to the XL5 rustler, seems to be pretty durable, rpm does make parts for them. only reason i dont have a lot of interest in them is that they are 2wd. anymore with what traxxas is doing i would take ECX over them anyway. really shouldn't take more then any other rig to get it basher worthy. RPM A-arms, Hub carriers, spindles, (all available in RPM, pink even), electronics etc. he never had his on lipo, but did have a brushless setup in it for awhile 3300kv 75A system.
he got out of the hobby but still ran when he shelved it.

for electrics though i have to say lately ive been liking Arrma, my lady has an Arrma Granite mega 4x4. not brushless but she wants to learn it better before that.

Last edited by D3MON; 02-21-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling corrections