Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

new kyosho mad crusher!

Old 01-07-2018, 11:48 AM
mainmothman51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new kyosho mad crusher!

hey, I just returned to rc after a 3 year break, looking for a new monster truck, " had to be nitro" I just bought a kyosho mad crusher. I have never owned a kyosho before but i'm very happy with it so far, I was wondering if anyone else has the mad crusher or mad force cruiser nitro and how happy with it you are. also what are some upgrades for the mad crusher ? thanks for reading!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Rcdaego88

I just purchased the mad crusher today. It wont be here for two weeks but im super excited try it out. This is my first nitro in about seven years, brushless is cool but just isnt the same as having a nitro so im excited to get back out there. Ive owned savages, 1/8 scale buggies and a monster gt in the past so i wanted to get something different. I like how it comes with everything to get you going, i just had to buy nitro and two spare glowplugs. Not to mention i love the body it comes with! Also curious if there is an aftermarket out there for it yet.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. there really is no after market unless you want to mod the few things they offered for the mad force / mad force kruser or the foxx. At least thats what ive been doing.

Last edited by Shabbernigdo; 02-04-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: me no speel guud
Old 04-26-2018, 02:37 PM
mainmothman51

I hit a wall with the mad force the other day and broke the front axle tube, n lost the front driveshaft. It was my fault as I was trying to adjust my throttle with the tires on the ground, lesson learned right? lol I love driving this truck as solid axle monster trucks just seem so much cooler, gonna break in the mad crusher next.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:00 PM
mudtrucker

Considering adding this truck to the collection , I use my rc's a lot in the sand at the beach, do you think the chain drive on this truck would be an issue in those conditions?
Old 05-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Shabbernigdo

Originally Posted by mudtrucker
Considering adding this truck to the collection , I use my rc's a lot in the sand at the beach, do you think the chain drive on this truck would be an issue in those conditions?
Honestly i dont think it would be an issue. the chain itself dosent seem to really use any lube so i dont see the sand really sticking to it. Ide imagine with basic upkeep it would work just fine. I play with mine in a gravel quarry / concrete / asphalt plant that has sand mounts and havent had any issues from it so far. I just shake it off real good then hit it with a brush and a can of compressed air when i done to get it all cleaned up.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:43 AM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought one new, not too fond of it. The suspension design, isnt my favorite by any means...Id rather have the previous model, without the panhard link setup...
Old 05-12-2019, 07:54 PM
meister1993

Default kyosho mad crusher

just got a kyosho mad crusher it does not turn left very good im not a new to this hobby tried radio switches nothing it turns right great but its a soft left took off servo arm but nothing help
Old 05-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Shabbernigdo

Originally Posted by meister1993
just got a kyosho mad crusher it does not turn left very good im not a new to this hobby tried radio switches nothing it turns right great but its a soft left took off servo arm but nothing help
If the servo is still good check the linkages. There is a pivot that is attached to the front axle that can slide when you hit it from the side and it will throw off your steering.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:03 PM
tmiller661

Has anyone tried a different steering setup. Aftermarket or homemade
Old 11-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Shabbernigdo

Originally Posted by tmiller661
Has anyone tried a different steering setup. Aftermarket or homemade
Yes. some people use a bracket to move the steering servo to the axle housing.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:43 AM
jdiamond

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, and have been modding it. The first thing I did was reconfigure the shock setup to a 8 shock system, using internal spring shocks for a more scale look. This required some drilling on each of the link mount brackets and the upper rear shock mount bracket. The front shocks no longer mount to the hubs, but to the link brackets. The rear setup one of the shocks uses a standoff from the hub, the other a standoff from the link bracket. It was tricky, with trial and error, but in the end it looks scale and works really well.

Going to add the 4WS conversion, and replace the plastic links with aluminum. Quick measurement looks like the CPE links are a perfect fit for the lowers, the upper might go with RC4WD solid aluminum.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Boxxxchevy

Default How do you fix the kyosho mad crusher steering it wont steer left an its brand new

Originally Posted by mainmothman51
hey, I just returned to rc after a 3 year break, looking for a new monster truck, " had to be nitro" I just bought a kyosho mad crusher. I have never owned a kyosho before but i'm very happy with it so far, I was wondering if anyone else has the mad crusher or mad force cruiser nitro and how happy with it you are. also what are some upgrades for the mad crusher ? thanks for reading!
having a problem with the kyosho mad crusher turning it wont turn left its brand new outta the box
Old 03-21-2020, 01:28 PM
Shabbernigdo

check and make sure the trim adjust on the controler is centered. Then check the servo and make sure it moves freely in both directions. if you check and both of those are good check the link mount on the axle and make sure it hasent slid out of place. It can move if you take a hit on the side with the wheels turned.