Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Indestructible Bash Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 04:57 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Indestructible Bash Tires?

I just converted my Monster GT to brushless and since then I have shredded the stock tires. They were old and ballooning like mad and completely shredded. Today, I shredded a rear proline race/track tire. I was actually surprised about the proline tire. They were smaller diameter, didn't balloon much and seemed pretty tough. I'm looking for a basher tire that is BIG, durable, and can take the abuse of big jumps and variety of terrain, from rocky, gravel and dirt pack. Big and durable being important factors. The tires I had in mind are Proline Rock Rage or Trenchers or the Louise MT Pioneers. What would you guys suggest?
Old 04-29-2018, 04:25 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't know about indestructible tires. Won't happen unless you are using your RC as a shelf queen. That being said...Badlands should be atop of your list.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:16 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RustyUs
I don't know about indestructible tires. Won't happen unless you are using your RC as a shelf queen. That being said...Badlands should be atop of your list.
Thanks for the response. It's definitely not a shelf queen, haha. I wish I had the self control to take it easier on my truck. After I posted this thread, I did a thorough internet search and I ended up ordering the Badlands MX 38. I also ran across a video of someone using braided fishing line to keep them from ballooning instead of tape. I will try that first and if it doesn't hold up, I will tape them.

Another question.... My truck was geared perfect with 5.5 inch tires. These tires are almost 7 inches. Should I drop 1 or 2 teeth in my pinion gear to compensate the tire change. I don't have a local hobby shop so I have to order everything online. I just want to get it right the first time. Thanks for any info
Old 04-30-2018, 08:48 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If my calculations are close; to get the same final rollout, you would need to drop about 4 teeth count.