Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Coming back to r c trucks after a 10 year break

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Coming back to r c trucks after a 10 year break

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 12:16 PM
jfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming back to r c trucks after a 10 year break

Hello All,

am seeking some advice. I used to have a T Max and a Savage (both nitro) but got more into r c planes. Now I see that electric have come a long way since I ran trucks 10 years ago.

i was looking into getting the Slash 4x4 electric, but am thinking I might get bored with minimal tinkering. I am now leaning towards possibly a lower priced electric and then going with the Traxxss Revo Nitro 3.3

any suggestions? Also, my nearest lhs seems to only stock trades parts but I am not so sure I want both a tray as nitro as well as a traxxas electric.

thanks!

kfish
Old 04-28-2018, 05:01 AM
billyg900

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion is 8th scale is the perfect size 10th scale can seem to toy-like and probably go electric, I have 2 nitros that are awesome but they just sit on the shelf.

If i was buying new right now it would be between the the Losi 3xl or the new revo2.0 with edge to revo because of the new Huge Diffs.

A lot of people like the Kraton but to me its just a truggy nothing exciting or ground breaking there. dont get me wrong I have a Truggy too and its fast and laser accurate in every way but just a little boring..
Old 05-26-2018, 05:31 PM
OneTwentyFour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What type of driving/ terrain? Personally, I would recommend a Stampede 4x4 VXL and a 3S Lipo. Insane fun.
If you’re looking for something cheap, I think the Redcat Volcano EPX Pro is tons of fun. Especially on 3S. I’m sure plenty will disagree but I love bashing with mine. The stock Brushless Motor and 60a ESC are great but I ended up putting a super cheap HobbyStar 3660 (or something like that) 3300kv with an 80a ESC and it’s insane.
1/8 scale is awesome too but it limits you to very large areas and usually ends up costing a lot more.