Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

lol im in trouble for calling the trx 2.5 a 'paperweight'

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

lol im in trouble for calling the trx 2.5 a 'paperweight'

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 12:04 PM
flatlander_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol im in trouble for calling the trx 2.5 a 'paperweight'

hehe:

Subject: Account Disabled (from OvalQueen, a moderator there)

"If you would like to remain a member on this forum (again) I would suggest you stop calling the 2.5 engine names, like stupid, junk, poor design or paperweight.

You may offer your opinions, but you do not have permission to tell people to junk their 2.5 and get a different manufacturers engine, especially when you are a guest in the house of TRAXXAS.

Some of your posts have been edited and/or deleted."

roflmao. thats from the traxxas.com board. it probably isnt too smart doing that on a company's board and claling their own products crap, but i think its hilarious when they have to respond to you heh. and about the "again" thing, lol. i was kicked off before. but at least now i have an explanation...

its pretty bad when someone makes a horrible engine that magazines push at you because of advertising money when in reality it is weak and unreliable. its even worse when its not even a worthy paperweight... leaking gunk all over my papers. lol. hence the notoriously poorly sealed reputation it has lol...

anyone else have something funny/related to something like this? lol.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Pkvillager

Default RE: lol im in trouble for calling the trx 2.5 a 'paperweight'

I dont like the maxx for its weaknesses and will bash that all day long. But calling the 2.5 a paperweight is just foolish. That motor is about the easiest to tune and has the best powerband of most of it competition! Most of the problems people have with that motor are mostly user error.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:22 PM
flatlander_14

if it is user error then how come i have no problems at all with my fantom?

post a poll on this forum... tell me how many people prefer the trx 2.5 over EVERY OTHER SMALL BLOCK engine there is... yeah its like that. lol.

maybe you are very fortunate. but i hear mostly nothing but bad about this engine. except in magazines because they are paid to say good things about it
Old 09-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Pkvillager

I dont like the maxx for its weaknesses and will bash that all day long. But calling the 2.5 a paperweight is just foolish. That motor is about the easiest to tune and has the best powerband of most of it competition! Most of the problems people have with that motor are mostly user error.

It seems the Traxxas mods have made a home here as well.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Pkvillager

OMG Please I sold my POS Maxx 2 weeks ago! I believe traxxas out of stupidity or purpose designed the bulkheads to break when the wind blows in the wrong direction. I see savages take tumbles that would completely destroy the maxx and they drive away unscathed!!
But I dont think there is anything wrong with the 2.5 motor jeez even in national level races the 2.5 comes out in top finishes all the time.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Inv3ctiv3
My Feedback: (3)

LOL it is pathetic when you can't express how you feel
Old 09-27-2003, 01:59 PM
gregmax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had a problem with my 2.5 either. I bought my Tmaxx in September last year (import from Tower), followed the running in recommendation just as the manual said but used Blue Thunder 10% as you cant get Traxxas fuel in the UK. Have always used Traxxas recommended glow plug. The engine was easy to tune and will pull wheelies all too easily and flip the car over too easily. I fitted a Ritter pipe to it and it would wheelie even more!!
Just waiting for my Savage SS to arrive from the USA, so I can compare the 2!!
Old 09-27-2003, 02:09 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

hahaha i got banned from traxxas boards also for not liking some design features in my old 4tec pro, and for complimenting the Terra Crusher lol
Old 09-27-2003, 02:49 PM
flatlander_14

lol it would be great if we all stormed the traxxas boards dissing the 2.5[&:]

heh...

it seems to me traxxas had better get their act together...
Old 09-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Turn&Burn

I did'nt get banned but I did here the same from ovalqueen....I am another one of the guy's that got a bad 2.5, all I can say is that I know for a fact wether traxxas wants to admit that they had a VERY LONG bad run of 2.5's, But I have tinkered with 5 different 2.5's and 2 of the five were great engines....IMO the majority of it's problem's is the carb...BTW I liked the remark that they don't even make good paper weights because it is leaking all over the paper....
Old 09-27-2003, 05:39 PM
POJack

Default 2.5=CRAP!

Thats hilarious...I got banned from the T-Maxx boards about 6 months ago for saying that the 2.5 engine wasn't a very good one. I didn't even get a warning, they just didn't allow me access anymore. Also, to anyone that sais that the 2.5 problems are based on "user error"... YOU ARE WRONG! I've heard this so many times on these boards by dedicated Traxxas owners and they are just wrong. I have owned 5 nitro vehicles over the past 5 years and haven't had a problem with one engine. That was until I made the mistake of buying a 2.5 t-maxx. It would't stay running for over 2-3 minutes. So, it's not "user error", it's "TRAXXAS ERROR". I can't believe what I was missing when I bought my savage ss...the parts are soooo much better and the thing doesn't break every 5 minutes. Traxxas=cheap.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Chris24Nitro

ive heard that tmaxxs are weak but i drove my electric rustler off my roof like tem times and its like an 11 foot drop. i have pics but my stupid scanner . ill try to post as soonb as possible
Old 09-27-2003, 06:26 PM
flatlander_14

thats completely different, you are comparing a**holes and oranges. er somethin...

i dont really mind that some of the stock stuff is weak, what i really hate is the fact that traxxas wont do **** to help you!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:19 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

I've never had problems with my 2.5. But Traxxas owns the board and they can do whatever they want to with it. Did you ever try to contact Traxxas to resolve the problem or did you just rant and rave on their board? Despite what people might think you just can't go on these boards and say whatever you want to, if you can't live by the rules then you should go somewhere else like you did
Old 09-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Mr. RCGuy

Off the subject alittle I busted on OVAL from traxxas when she said this:

"You shouldn't use anything that is a petroleum product, it can cause the O'rings to fail."

Then I simply posted this picture:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37135.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	64139  
Old 09-27-2003, 08:45 PM
POJack

Did you ever try to contact Traxxas to resolve the problem or did you just rant and rave on their board? Despite what people might think you just can't go on these boards and say whatever you want to, if you can't live by the rules then you should go somewhere else like you did
Gee, I didn't know it was against the rules to critisize a product. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't have a "rule" on the Traxxas board that sais you will be kicked off for critisizing one of their products do they? And yes, I did call Traxxas to attempt to resolve the issue and they told me that I could send in the engine and get it back in 4-6 weeks. Hell, thats half the summer waiting for them to correct a problem they caused. Wasn't worth it to me, so I just decided to buy another product (HPI) and vowed never again to buy a traxxas product. Oh yeah, one time I called the Traxxas help line to see what the diameter of the holes in the chassis were and the guy on the other end said that he had no idea. If the company that produces the truck doesn't know, then who does?!? Traxxas is a cheap product. Just compare the 4-tec to any other on road vehicle out there and you get the picture. How many 4-tec's are at the track racing?
Old 09-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

lol. i didnt know anyone disliked the tmaxx as much as me. i never owned one, but i just hate them because you cant find an r/c website or magazine without the tmaxx somewhere in it.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:21 PM
flatlander_14

lol, yeah, im really wishing i bought a savage instead. i would trade my hopped up maxx for a savage 25 rtr when it comes out if i had the chance. i have well over $900 in hop ups. i wish i had a savage[>:]
Old 09-27-2003, 10:16 PM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

My background is marketing/graphic design.

So, let me get this straight...

You posted a NEGATIVE comment on a manufacturer's own board, and were then SURPRISED when they gave you the boot?

Lets be realistic. Company's host sites at their expense (and whim) to PROMOTE their products.

Its their OBLIGATION to ensure that their own boards promote their products.

ff
Old 09-28-2003, 02:33 AM
POJack

My background is marketing/graphic design.

So, let me get this straight...

You posted a NEGATIVE comment on a manufacturer's own board, and were then SURPRISED when they gave you the boot?

Lets be realistic. Company's host sites at their expense (and whim) to PROMOTE their products.

Its their OBLIGATION to ensure that their own boards promote their products.
Yeah, but when people have a problem with one of their products (2.5 engine) doesn't a company (GM, Ford, Chrysler) ususally issue a recall? Not like Traxxas does and just deny that the problem exists. Traxxas is losing ALOT of customers because of their so called "superior" 2.5 engine and their attitudes toward their customers. So, in the end, when you kick so many people off the site for critisizing the product (and a lot of people do), eventually, you will have much less of a customer base because of the stupid forum than if you didn't even have it in the first place. So how is that good marketing? Also, how is kicking your CUSTOMERS off of a website good marketing? Didn't they teach you anything in marketing school? I mean, I probably would have been willing to give Traxxas another chance if they were to come out with a new truck, but ever since they kicked me off their board for voicing my opinion, I vowed never again to buy a Traxxas product. How is that good marketing?
Old 09-28-2003, 03:13 AM
bigjdubb

I love my 2.5. It was my first nitro engine and I don't have any problems with it. The only problem I have is keeping the power in check. Granted the Sirio and fantom make more power than the 2.5, but they are also bigger engines and cost a good bit more.

I would consider removing you from the board a good marketing move. Losing you as a customer is allot better than losing all of the customers that your badmouthing could have caused. I don't think I have ever heard a complaint about Traxxas customer service until now. So i wouldn't say they are losing customers over it. Their customer service is actually one of their big selling points.

I think that the reason you would assume that most people who own a TRX 2.5 think it is junk is because people only really speak out when they are upset or disappointed in a product. That is especially true when it comes to web boards. Allot of people never even think to come on one until they have a problem. Compared to the amount of t-maxx's sold with the TRX 2.5 finding 200 people who hate it wouldn't make for even a small percentage of owners.

And no I am not a brand loyalist I just like my T-Maxx. When I look at my other options, I don't see changing trucks anywhere in my future.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Razoo

Theres 2 sides to every story, I'd love to hear Traxxas side! Just so I get this straight. You didn't send your engine back for repair like they asked you to. So you feel its OK to go on their boards and complain about the product without giving them a chance to fix it? Me thinks theres alot more to this story!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2003, 12:26 PM
flatlander_14

don't think I have ever heard a complaint about Traxxas customer service until now.
because they DELETE them all roflmao.

You didn't send your engine back for repair like they asked you to. So you feel its OK to go on their boards and complain about the product without giving them a chance to fix it?
no, i did not send it back to them. during the summer, i could buy about 6-8 new trx 2.5's by the time they send it back to me. i dont want to wait 4-6 weeks for my damn engine to be fixed. and yes it is ok for me to do that... i think a lot of people who actually like their trucks go on there as well. i loved my engine in the beginning. if you read some of my first few posts i am quoted saying i love the 2.5 and its a great engine. i dont go there just to start bashing their product. a lot of other people did this too. go look for yourself.

i was not "surprised" that they gave me that warning. but really, the tmaxx is made in very large quantities. i believe the savage 21 is as well right? well... how many people do you hear *****ing about their hpi .21 engine? aside from its a bit weaker i know, but reliability and whatnot.

when it comes down to it, this is very true:
Old 09-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Razoo

The above post is a prime example why this board has gone down hill. I see no humor in making fun of the mentally handicapped and hope you get banned from this board as well, you have alot of growing up to do, your parents must be very proud of you!
Old 09-28-2003, 04:28 PM
flatlander_14

sorry, i didnt mean to make fun of them, it was just an example that until you meet someone face to face, the argument wont be settled. the internet is nothing but false identities. and for your information i am pretty mature for my age. you could ask just about anyone that knows me in person. sorry if i offended anyone with that photo...

is this one okay?

sorry again for posting that other photo, i didnt mean to offend anyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.