RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Nitro Pull Starter Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 04:56 AM
Rogoflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Pull Starter Sizes

All,

I have a knock off Nitro about 13 years old. It runs very good. The manual that came with it has part numbers stating a R020 Pull starter for it. When I ordered a few R020 they didn't fit.
Holes didn't line up, looked to be a little bit shorter than mounting plate.

The book stated the engine is a 18cxp. Now trying to figure out what pull starter to get.

I actually would like to use a battery power starter if possible but pull starter would work as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rog
Old 08-02-2019, 09:14 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i guess first thing would be to identify what engine it actually is given that the manual showed an incorrect pull start for the engine. what all markings are on the engine? what manufacture was the car? most knock-offs use SH engines because they are cheap and more or less reliable, so i would hazard a guess an SH engine pull start would mount up, but would really like to confirm engine on the truck.
might be an older generic manual for the truck that didnt show an updated engine, or it was an updated manual that came with an older model engine.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:24 AM
Rogoflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I did find some markings on the engine. VX 18 was on there along the engine and the holes on the back plate measure 30MM X 30MM or 42MM Diagnally. So far I have not found any while searching on the internet that have this measurement. Either by pull start or electric start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-20190802_171054.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	2264966
Old 08-09-2019, 08:29 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i dont know what kind of roto-starts would fit on it, but should be able to get a vx18 pull starter for it. those are the more current engine offered in HPS/Exceed/Redcat vehicles.