Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Trouble turning my ECX AMP MT 1:10 scale 2wd monster truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Trouble turning my ECX AMP MT 1:10 scale 2wd monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 08:39 AM
pantsrapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble turning my ECX AMP MT 1:10 scale 2wd monster truck

I got this truck and it worked fine for the first several days with regular use, but then the wheels stopped turning. I can turn them from side to side when I move them directly or manipulating the hardware connected to the servo and the wheels, but when I use the transmitter, the vehicle's wheels do not respond and turn, even though the transmitter continues to work to move the vehicle forward. If you have any advice about what may be going on, please share.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:33 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

first thing to check is to re-bind your transmitter to your receiver. sometimes the issue is a partial unbind. if that doesnt work, swap the servo leads to the receiver. (plug the esc to channel 1 and steering to channel 2) are the symptoms the same for throttle now? if so it would be the transmitter which would need to be replaced. if the steering is still not working, it would lead me to believe the servo horn is either stripped, or the servo burnt up.
at that point it would be pull the servo, inspect the horn, if no teeth look damaged, servo would be the issue.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:47 AM
pantsrapper

Thanks for the advice. Rebinding the transmitter didn't solve the problem. As it was only a week old, I brought it in to a nearby Hobbytown and they are getting me a new esc, under warranty, after trying a different servo and that not solving the problem.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:26 AM
D3MON

could also be an issue with the receiver/transmitter, not uncommon for the wheel switch to go out. glad you are making progress and are getting support. the Hobbytown that was formerly near me was very unhelpful, and was not the only one experiencing frustrations with them. they are gone now though, but my usual LHS who is a vendor through horizon has been quite helpful.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:22 PM
pantsrapper

Sorry to hear that. Luckily, the Hobbytown near me was very helpful. They replaced the esc for no charge and the truck's steering is working again
Old 08-13-2019, 07:31 AM
D3MON

good! glad you got it sorted!