RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ek4 help needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 11:28 PM
Holidaydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ek4 help needed!!!!

Hi folks,

after many years of pause to the rc car hobby I recently took my Thunder Tiger Ek4 from the shelf willing to drive it.

Soon I realized that things have completely changed, the midmad forum has gone, TT obviously hardly stacks parts any more and in general the trend goes completely electric.

are there any guys here from the midmad forum or other Ek4 pro‘s that can answer questions regarding diffs and 2 Speed tranny?

thx in advance,

Michael
Old 09-11-2019, 06:39 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i am un-familiar with the model but something that may help, go to a site called "way-back machine", and type in the address. sadly id doesn't really work like a google browser. this link should bring you to the EK4 portion of the midmad sight, https://web.archive.org/web/20071003...4/ek4main.html. have to use this all the time to get into the "Monster GT Forums" lol

interface is kind of weird, on the top click the year you want the archive to look at, if there are vertical bars in the year section, it has something for those years and you are in luck, then after you select the year, click one of the dates to look at on the calendar below. that date is when the sight was archived and the wayback machine has access too look at that archive. some links will not work, pictures tend to have a hard time, and some forum threads just dont work for some reason.

Last edited by D3MON; 09-11-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: it censored "GT"?
Old 09-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Holidaydoc

Default Thanks a lot

Man, thank you very much for your support and your replies - also on the 2 speed tranny topic!
you helped me a lot, I truly appreciate that!

thx,
Michael
Old 09-16-2019, 08:01 AM
D3MON

lol no problem, its what the hobby is all about, helping each out! definitely post some pics or even a build thread for it maybe
Old 09-16-2019, 09:30 AM
Holidaydoc

Default Stay tuned :-))

Thanks again bro!
I will for sure keep you all posted and publish a build thread as soon as possible.
At the moment I‘m waiting for parts - found a MSJ center brace which is hold back at the customs department at the airport.
I‘m also awaiting the 2 speed tranny and some 2 speed pinions to find the perfect gearing!

Cheers,

Michael
Old 09-17-2019, 08:39 AM
D3MON

look forward to seeing the build thread! so far ive been lucky ordering stuff overseas, ordered an engine brace for my lst from Hong Kong, it arrived a day before an item i ordered a few days later from within the states.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:46 PM
Holidaydoc

Basically I also like to order rc equippement overseas (Asia, USA) as long as I manage to get a good shipping quote.
Sadly the Austrian customs department is working a little slow since the last three months... all the parts have already arrived in Austria but being held back there ((