Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Finally...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 09:14 PM
funkyflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally...

Finally got my Savage. Was saving for it since the .21, took so long they have a .25 now. I bought the .25 RTR, just got done putting in reverse and putting locktite on the backplate bolts. So far, only two things I really hate about this truck.
1. The muffler is PLASTIC?
2. These shocks are a joke.
However, this truck seems tough. Gonna break the engine in tomorrow and we'll see just how Savage this thing really is.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:31 PM
crzy-svg-usr

Default RE: Finally...

dude the stock pipe is better then it seems and hey look the maxx pipe is plastic and the shocks r great i have kept my stock shocks and i will keep them forever they r as tough as nails
Old 10-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Cal-Torque

I agree, the muffler does kind of suck, but the new aluminum HPI ones are pretty cheap.
I initially thought the plastic shocks bit the the big one too, but they're actually really good. The plastic casing allows a little bit of flex so that you're not constantly bending the long shafts... I have the piggybacks as well, but they're on the shelf because I bent a shaft (quite easily) and can't get a replacement. The aluminum shocks look trick, but trust me, keep the originals (unless you have some coin burning a hole in your pocket).
Have fun!
Old 10-18-2003, 09:41 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

enjoy it
Old 10-18-2003, 10:22 PM
cemeb4dk

enjoy it, I agree with the others, the stock shocks can't be beat, you can always beef them up by changing the weight of the oil, and the springs. But the shafts and plastic body can't be beat.

You will enjoy.......